Friday, July 2, 2010

The start to the long holiday weekend...

Is there anything better than having a whole weekend in front of you? Especially a loooong one? Didn't think so. Mine started off smoothly enough by a low key day at the office followed by my typical friday workout... run 2 miles, lift weights for an hour or so. Fridays are always an easy workout day and that is one reason among a million that I love fridays.

After I worked out, I went to pick up Bella from our neighbors. She feigned tiredness in the 30 second drive from their garage to our garage and promptly passed out in the car. Picture is a little dark but, trust me, it was quite hilarious.

Once I got home, I just wanted to lay low for the night and I decided that it was early enough for me to bake. Seriously. This is getting out of control. I have no idea where this inner chef is coming from but I'm just going with it. Perhaps I'm just craving baked goods? I got the idea that I would try to make home made granola. Why? I have no idea. It was stupid because home made granola = FAIL. Big fat fail. I just put in oats, some agave nectar, a little olive oil, raisins and walnuts but once I popped it into the oven to bake, it pretty much just burned. It was not the crispy, yummy, crunchy granola I was expecting. So I chucked it.

I HAD to redeem myself so instead I made vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, a variation of the recipe of the cookies I made here...basically just used a few different spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves) and put in raisins and walnuts instead of all the other crap. They were definitely a redemption for the failed granola experience and I returned to being a happy camper in baked good heaven. But, as an aside, the cookies the other day were better. Just saying.

While the cookies baked, I pulled out my yoga mat to do some pilates and to stretch out. Someone had a different idea about letting me use my mat.

And a little while later, princess Bella was STARVING and just wanted FOOD now. I had used up my allotted time in which I NEEDED to feed her so she resorted to looking as pitiful as possible so that just MAYBE I might open the cupboard door, please please please PLEASE? Evenutally I made all of her wishes of the day come true but scooping out 3 cups of kibble. And then she had happy puppy dreams the rest of the night.

No comments: