Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A little bit of a boob talk.

I'm perplexed. And a little bothered.

We went to Victoria's secret on Saturday, like I mentioned here, to use a gift certificate I've had since December. So I knew exactly what I was looking for, the type of bras I like BUT that line had been discontinued. Bummer. So I went with the line that was the extension of the line of the bra that I had previously liked. The only difference? Now this line makes your boobs a full cup size bigger. WHAT?! I picked up a bra and I'm not even kidding, I think I could stuff a full pillow with the amount of padding in there. Granted, I am not a large chested gal as most people know BUT ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I think if I show up ANYWHERE a full cup size BIGGER, people are going to look at me like, um? Did she get a boob job or what? So my thought was, well, I'll just try them and see. It can't be THAT bad and I do need a little bit of padding. And by saying I try them I mean, I bought 5 to try on at home. I HATE HATE HATE trying things on in stores. Is anyone else quirky like this? I just think it's so obnoxious. Especially bras because it requires taking EVERYTHING off. No thanks. This is how I ended up with the gift certificate, anyway. Bought a bunch of bras, only a couple worked, and ended up with a $250 gift certificate that I used 7 months later on bras that are supposedly A FULL CUP SIZE bigger than me.

This just sounds so ridiculous.

But it doesn't even end there. BECAUSE has anyone been to VS lately? Do you know that you can buy a full cup sized bra bigger AND with NIPPLES? I. AM. NOT. KIDDING. These bras, there are options where you can get a full cup size bigger with nipples sticking out. Fake ones. As if to say, hey, my boobs are real, SEE! NIPPLES! And here is where my friend and I just looked at each other and throughout the day just kept saying, "God, those nipples, what the HELL!?" I mean, do people actually buy those? Is it so they can look like their full cup size boobs look real because they are nipping out? I mean, seriously, you have got to be kidding me. Am I just missing out on some huge trend? And if so, I think I'm ok with that. It's a little bit disturbing.

So, now I have 5 full cup size bigger bras sitting at home WITHOUT the nipples, to clarify. I did try one of said bras on. And I just don't know. It looks ridiculous to me. I have no idea if it's just messing with my head due to its claims of being a full cup size bigger or if it's just actually that ridiculous that it actually is a full cup size bigger. I need another opinion.

But seriously, the nipple thing? WEIRD. Like I said to start: completely perplexing. I mean, honestly, if the point is really to fake the boobs to the point of buying a bra a full cup size bigger WITH nipples, why not just get an actual boob job? Then at least when the bra comes off, whoever you're with isn't sadly disappointed and explaining, "but there were nipples! I swore those were real!" Seriously. F-ed up.

No comments: