Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Broken.

I've broken myself again.

Consistent with the stupidity I displayed over the weekend in playing too hard, I continued on the same track in my workouts. Despite being EXHAUSTED monday, I worked out hard. I ran 2 miles and lifted weights for over an hour. It actually is one of the tricks I use when I'm tired. If you're tired as hell, workout. I guarantee you, you'll feel like a million bucks afterwards. Of course, that's not to say I wasn't passing out on my couch at 7pm but still...

Anyway, I digress. Back to the story- yesterday, since it WAS Tuesday, I decided to run. Even though I clocked probably over 20 miles over the weekend which I don't usually do because I go hiking. BUT since I wanted to spend the majority of the days at the beach, I opted for running.

I should have taken Tuesday off. I KNOW. I knew this. Especially considering that I felt a slight twinge of discomfort in my right calf/tendon. I KNOW! BUT OF COURSE, why would I pay attention to this? It doesn't fit my stubborn nature to actually listen to my body.

Actually, I told myself that I was listening and was only going to run 3 miles. But then, true to that stubborn nature coupled with my love for running, once I started, I didn't stop.

6 miles later that twinge in my foot was a full blown OH FUCK, JENN YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

I will not be running the rest of this week.

Hi bike, remember me? We are going to be good friends this week. It's been a while but I'm sure we'll make up the lost time. Right?

No comments: