Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The first hot day of summer.

I probably just jinxed this weather that has FINALLY arrived in Washington state by using the "s" word (summer) BUT. Today it was 90 blissful degrees. I was in hot weather heaven. I am truly a Phoenix girl at heart. Remind me again, why did I leave when I crave the heat so much and we don't get it here for OVER 300 days? Oh that's right...the boy. Hmm. Well, anyway, I left work early today to soak up the glorious sun and hot weather while everyone else from Washington huddled inside and complained about it being too hot. Waaaah. Poor babies.

When I got home, I went on an hour long bike ride in the middle of the afternoon which felt SO freaking good. I got to wear a tank top and shorts so I also got more tan! Bonus! After the bike ride, I decided to take Bella on a walk. It was just going to be a short walk but ended up being about 45-50 minutes. She was DYING. It was still 90 degrees at 5pm so I can't really blame her but that girl is a pure Washington dog. Or maybe just a boxer that doesn't like heat.

Just a few minutes in, already looking at me like REALLY? Why the torture? Remember when you ate my BOOK? THAT'S WHY.

And later on in the walk, the tongue might just reach the ground...

After arriving home. Aaaaahh, cool wood floors, that's a little bit better.

After working out in the sun for almost two hours, I was pretty much ready to eat my arm off. Ok, that's kind of a gross analogy. I'll try again. I was ready to eat everything in the kitchen. Better. After showering I made up some spicy tofu with olive oil, garlic, red hot peppers and black pepper and made a giant salad to go with it with the farmer's market vegetables we still have from our trip to the market last weekend. It was the perfect ending to a perfect summer day. I'm trying not to think that this was the kind of day I enjoyed about 362 days of the year in Phoenix. That is just depressing. I miss that city so much, especially when I am so strongly reminded of it.

No comments: