Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Days reminiscent of Arizona.

...With a little bit of added green. And certainly not July Arizona days when it's 4 million degrees outside. Dry heat, baby, dry heat.... the motto of anyone living in Arizona, including me when I was there.

In Seattle right now, I'll take any heat especially of the 85 degree totally sunny variety. In that vein, I took off the majority of Friday to enjoy the awesome weather we are having up here in Seattle. And Saturday and Sunday followed suit. Friday I started off doing a bit of work, then heading promptly to the beach, then working out, then playing at night. Saturday I went running, then went the beach, then played at night. Sunday? You guessed it, same pattern: running, beach (although sunday I went out on a boat, even better!), then played at night...and playing on Sunday night meant going to the Seattle Sounders game (soccer) and then to a local bar in pioneer square afterwards for some pool and more drinks.

LET ME JUST SAY.

My logic for playing harder Sunday night than Saturday night was just a little flawed. Two words: BRUTAL. MONDAY. Monday hit me like 400 pounds of bricks and I essentially stared at my computer all day wondering why I thought it was such a brilliant idea to spend 3 straight days in the sun and ending all of that madness with a soccer game complete with many beers (beer, yes, I said beer) and a 2am shot of 126 proof bourbon and a wake up call at 5:30am for the workday. I swear, I used to be more intelligent. Oh wait, maybe not. Maybe I've reverted back to my stupider days. Only problem is that in my younger, more stupid days I could handle the abuse of my body better. So yes, brutal Monday. But was it worth it? Oh YES! I was not very camera happy this weekend because I was too busy playing and getting tan but I did manage to take all of about 3 pictures. Look at these amazing shots:


At the Kirkland waterfront on Friday... You can see the Seattle skyline from here. Gorgeous.

And another one. It actually looks about the same as the last one. But I included it since it was one of the three pictures I actually took.

And looking north of Seattle from the Seattle waterfront.

Oh this. Oh yeah. I forgot one tiny detail of my weekend. When I went out to the boat on Sunday? Well, APPARENTLY I parked illegally. Huh. GOOD THING I parked amongst about 100 other cars in a zone that WAS NOT marked no parking. That's convenient that there were no signs and I got a parking ticket... as did 100 other people. Oh well, it was only $45... but the thing that REALLY pisses me off is that it's a "traffic" ticket so it can go against my record. Bastards! Oh well, I will just pay it and move on. It's just hard evidence of the fun weekend I had... especially since I had no more than 3 pictures to display the same.

No comments: