Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another summer day?

The weather here has been GORGEOUS all week. Like, four whole days in a row. We are starting to get out of control up here in the northwest. Due to the awesome weather, the decision was made to take Bella to her FAVORITE PLACE so that we could go to the non-dog beach again in Seattle and do some hiking beforehand as well.

I took this shot as I was driving down the road to the Favorite Place. It was about 7.30 in the morning and I just thought the clouds looked so cool against the backdrop of the evergreens.

Miss Bella eagerly awaiting our destination where she could go nuts with gusto.

It's a little bit farmy out by the Favorite Place. I never knew there were cows out here.... perhaps they hide in the crappy weather?


Pulling into happy hound hotel... the Favorite Place. At this point, Bella starts to go ballistic. After dropping her off (and by dropping off I mean, she jets out of the car at 100 miles per hour and molests anyone in her path with licks and jumps and pure boxer craziness), I got home, we ate a small breakfast, stopped at Ladro (of course!) and headed out to the faux hike that I mentioned in a previous post. We did about 8 miles there. AND GUESS WHAT. I got attacked. See:

The entire arm is red due to that little red spot slightly to the right of the freckle. A giant black fuzzy bee decided to sting my arm. I didn't even DO anything! I have never been stung before and let me just say: HOLY F-ING SHIT, that fucking hurts!!! I never knew that "sting" was actually the appropriate word. It STUNG like a bitch for the better part of a few hours. That sucked. But apparently I'm not allergic and didn't die so we were able to finish the hike with only some mild, er, maybe not so mild ranting from me on how bad bee stings hurt.


After the hike, we headed promptly to Madison beach which was PACKED. Literally there were people about 2 inches from us on all sides. It was so much fun. Perfect beach day. I even got a little pink, I'm sad to say. In Phoenix my skin was actually USED to the sun so I would just tan. After leaving the beach we headed for a quick stop at whole foods and then back to the Favorite Place to pick up Miss Thang.

Once I got home, we realized why I also love the Favorite Place. Tired dog. Perfect.

No comments: