Monday, July 19, 2010

A tough day at the office

One of my clients has a HUGE golf tournament every year during the summer. I haven't attended before as I always had other scheduling conflicts but this year I was able to go and "man" a hole. It was GREAT because I basically just got to hang out with the marketing gal and a tax gal from my firm and talked with all of the golfers coming through...many of which I knew just from working with the client. There were SO MANY people though... there were 36 groups of 4 so it was a rather long day since there were so many people and we had to get to the hole early to set up all of our gear.

And I should mention- this tournament? Was in ORTING. HUH? That was my first question as soon as I heard about the tournament- where the hell is Orting? As I found out, a little over an hour southeast of Seattle in a town that reminds me distinctly of Iowa. Once we made it to Orting, we got our little booth set up and laid out on the tee box where we could talk to everyone who came through so they would know who we were, if they didn't already. It was the best day... BEAUTIFUL weather coupled with getting to talk while spending time in the sun was just awesome. I neglected to take any pictures while we were at the tournament (which I probably couldn't post here anyway)... but I did snap a couple of shots of amazing Rainier on our way home after the tourney. Here is one:

Rainier is absolutely HUGE down in the south end, obviously, since you're closer to it down there. These clear, warm days are the reason that living in Washington is worth it...especially when it's my job to spend the day out in it.

No comments: