Monday, July 12, 2010

Seven eleven.

What a boring title, huh? Bella and I had a great day yesterday. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep Saturday night but was determined to have an active day yesterday. So we got out of the house around 9am and headed straight for the mountains...ok, wait, I did stop at ladro for an iced tea and had to stop at Target for a blowdryer (another post)... We did this hike, all 9-ish miles of it. And it was SO much more beautiful than last time. Guess that's what happens on clear days.

About half way up- a view of Mount Si. Gorgeous.

I had some boys take our pictures at the halfway up point. I was a sweaty disaster but it's dark so you can't tell.

We couldn't get a picture where both Bella and I were looking at the camera. Oh well.

And at the top- around mile 4.3. I was BLOWN AWAY. We didn't see anything last time since the weather was so crappy.

At the very top, we had another view of Si. Again, breathtaking.

Bella was a HOT DOG. We ran down the whole mountain, lapping people that had only gone to mile 2 that we'd passed on the way up. After spending the day at her Favorite Place the day before, she was a little trooper to keep up.

After that adventure, where else would we head but the beach? If it's sunny and warm, the only things we do is hike and beach. The end. So we went to the dog friendly beach where she can get in the water to swim to cool off. I think I made her swim 3 times yesterday. She doesn't love swimming but it does make her cool and she drinks the water, which she likes.

Hanging out on the towel sunbathing.

Ha, and a typical summer bikini shot from yours truly. But this beach has grass, not sand. I know, it was weird for me too when I first moved up here.

I was supposed to go out with a friend last night for dinner but she had to cancel because she ended up having to pull an all nighter for work (YUCK). BUT, before I heard from her, I had showered and dried my hair so I took the opportunity to take some hair shots that were not so icky after working out. Of course, you'll have to excuse the no-make up face and gym clothes and crappy lighting with the phone picture. Just look at the hair.

And the other side.... It's really hard to take pictures of yourself, I've decided. After all of that, I just enjoyed the nice summer night. And by "enjoy" I mean I made a batch of these cookies after already eating dinner and ate about 2 million of them. All 2 million were delicious. On a serious note, seven eleven has always been a special day to me. Seven years ago on July 11, I was in Lamoni and I was proposed to and subsequently got engaged to my college sweetheart. It was such a happy, happy time. I could never have envisioned all of the changes and hurdles and heartache...and even laughter and love...that followed that day. On that day, the world was ours for the taking and we were flying high, the happiest people in the world. It will always hold a special place in my heart regardless of the two separate, but respectively amazing, roads we are on now and there is never a July 11 that passes without me taking a moment to remember July 11, 2003.

No comments: