Thursday, July 8, 2010

Washington heat wave.

I was originally going to make fun of everyone in Washington when they started issuing heat warnings when it was EIGHTY degrees outside. I mean, 80? Come on. Grow some balls, people. 80 is PERFECT. But, I have to say, it was rather hot today so perhaps the heat warnings are a little bit more warranted now:

95 degrees at 5:09pm. That's fairly hot, I'd say. Granted, I am still loving it but for most of the true Seattle-ites, they melted about 15 degrees ago. As evidenced by the heat warnings at 80 degrees.

I had a KILLER headache today so I just ran inside at the gym. The killer headache was spawned by some complete and utter bullshit at work that I can't talk about in this forum. One of these days, let's hope I'll be able to. Anyway, as a result of the war raging between my ears, I wanted to just get my workout over with. And it was my long run day too so I was kind of bummed that my head decided that it might just blow up all over the city of Bellevue. But I was determined to get some sort of run in since Thursday is my long run day. Since I hadn't run all week or at least not a long distance since the rolled ankle incident, I decided I would just do 6 miles and call it good. So, 6 miles at about a ten minute mile pace it was. It wasn't too bad and the headache kind of diminished throughout the workout so I was happy about that. I was also happy when it was over, which was totally bizarre for me because I can usually just keep going and going. Sometimes I guess it's good to just listen to your body. I was NOT happy when the headache promptly returned after I stopped running... so maybe I should have just kept running? Ah, who knows. Regardless, I went home and stretched and fed the headache with chocolate...and more spicy tofu, though not simultaneously. I do sometimes have weird combinations but even I would wrinkle my nose at a chocolate/Tofu combo.

No comments: