Friday, July 2, 2010

Another lucky seven...and a kitchen oops.

Ah Thursday, my long run day. How I am loving you so much these last two weeks. Last night I did another seven miles (7.02 miles, if you want to get really technical). It was a TOUGH run. I had to dig REALLY deep to get this one in. I had run a little over 5 miles on Tuesday, 6.5 miles on Wednesday and was actually planning to do 8 miles last night but, for once, I decided, you know, I should probably listen to my body. From the get go yesterday, it was draaaaging. Maybe it's the gloomy weather we're having up here in the pacific northwest, maybe it's needing more sleep, who knows. But I was NOT feeling it yesterday. So I dug deep and settled for another 7 miles at a ten minute pace (20 minutes in there was sprinting). I probably could have done another mile but it just wasn't really necessary and plus, I AM trying to remain injury free. And I was really happy and felt great after 7 miles so decided that was good enough for me. AND an even bigger plus? No pain today!

Done and done! Mission accomplished.

Last night for dinner, I decided to saute some mushrooms with tempeh. I wanted something kinda pesto-y so I put in some olive oil, garlic, pepper and of course, basil. WELL. I might have forgotten that I had taken off the inner cap that has holes on it so that when you screw off the top, you just have the opening to the bottle. And I MAY not have been paying one ounce of attention when I shook the basil onto the mushroom/tempeh mixture. It may have dumped about 60% of the basil into the pan. Whoops. Needless to say it was VERY pesto-y. Not quite exactly what I was going for but oh well. The above is after I attempted to scoop a majority of the basil out.

Stupid basil! But hey, basil is good so you can't really go too wrong with too much, right? It still all turned out ok in the end. I was a happy camper.

No comments: