Saturday, August 6, 2005

War wounds and other random stuff

Today was another great day! We looked at houses for a few hours with our realtor. He is probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met, especially for a realtor. It helps that he's my uncle's best friend so there is a little bit of history there. He really seems to just want to help us out. He is actually moving back to the Overland Park/Leawood area in a couple of months...both of his kids are there... We looked a about 5-6 houses.. the more we look, the more Tim and I get convinced that we just want to build a new house. Some people are just flat out gross and don't take care of their houses (and we weren't looking at old houses...the oldest one was built in 2003! These houses haven't had more than 2 owners but some were still unbelievably nasty! Especially for the price... and we really don't want to have to do any work on the house we buy). I actually am enjoying this process...it's pretty fun!

Then we came home and I took a 2 hour nap...I KNOW! Even I was surprised. I HATE naps. But this one felt really good. And apparently I was tired. Tim says I was grumpy so I guess I needed one.

Then we decided we needed to eat. We thought we should eat in and keep an eye on Emerson since we'd been gone the whole day. So, we went to the grocery store and ended up in the baking aisle for about 10 minutes. All we really felt like eating was cookies or browines. So we bought cookie stuff and a box of browines and ended up making peanut butter cookies. To compliment our main course of cookies, we had sandwiches and potato chips as side items. It really was a great idea.

Emerson seems to be doing really well... she doesn't like to take either of her medicines (one of them is the bubble gum Amoxcicilan stuff... I LOVED that stuff when I was little but I guess cats don't. We have pink splotches all over the kitchen from giving it to her). She was limping a little yesterday because of her paws but today she seems to be doing better... and Berkely has stopped hissing, even better news! I guess Em smells like Em again... surprising that Berke can't tell that Em LOOKS like Em... I guess they go by smell for everything.

Also, big, AWESOME news Tim just informed me of... this week on Tuesday and Wednesday it is only supposed to be 94 and 96 degrees here, respectively. That, my friends, is absolutely amazing. It has not been under 100 degrees since we've gotten here. And in the mornings, when it is only about 88-90 degrees at 7 a.m., it feels cool. So, these days will be almost COLD to us, during the heat of the day! Amazing.

So, it has been kind of a downtime day...pretty relaxing even though we weren't really all that productive or exciting. But, it was fun regardless. These days are always nice every once in a while... it was great! Below are some random pictures...enjoy!

No comments: