Thursday, August 25, 2005

The phenomenons of traffic

Today it took me ONE HOUR to go fifteen miles to my client's office. I wish I was joking or exaggerating. I'm not. The office I'm going to is only a couple of miles away from Tim's office so now that we are not carpooling anymore, it took him the same amount of time. We think maybe it has been so bad lately because we are leaving a bit later... I don't know. I am just in awe of how terribly long it took to drive what usually seriously takes 15 minutes with no traffic. The girl I'm working with right now lives in the east valley and it took her an hour and a half today. Now THAT would be frustrating. On good days, I can get to my office in Tempe in about 50 minutes (and it is 35 miles away). Good thing I wasn't going there today... I guess it was just an all around crappy traffic morning.

Oh yeah, and I almost got hit by a truck. Again. This happens almost weekly. Those stupid trucks just come over RIGHT WHERE I AM because they are stupid, terrible drivers with no brains. So, this causes me to honk my horn at them but it never seems to matter. They don't have any consideration for anyone else on the road and the fact that TRAFFIC IS NOT MOVING but they still proceed to move and come over anyway. The only thing I can ever do is almost pee in my pants, slam on the brakes (although usually I am only going 5 miles an hour so this really doesn't do anything-I'm surround by cars all around-which, as a sidenote, is why the trucks should not keep moving and try to come in!), shut my eyes, hold my breath, and wait for the collision. And then I cautiously open my eyes, realize I haven't gotten hit by some miracle, and proceed to shake uncontrollably like I have some weird affliction. I am amazed by these stupid truck drivers as much as I am amazed by heavy traffic. But I HATE trucks with a passion. I can handle being stuck in rush hour on somedays. But I always hate trucks. They are the worst drivers out there. I hate them. They should be banned from all roads during rush hour. Grr. As a positive driving note, I got home in 20 minutes at 5:15 p.m. Sweet!

Also, speaking of driving, I just want to wish my good friends Travis and Rachel a good and safe trip to their new home in Oregon! I am so excited for them and I hope the drive out and the moving process goes as smoothly as possible!!

3 comments:

rachel said...

we just got done with our first day of driving. only two more to go! i don't know if i will make it. it's just the food that gets to me... oh well... i will post pics on my site.

bgunner said...

traffic was kind of bad in OP on friday. i had to slow down once on the freeway and it cost me an extra 10 seconds.

Anonymous said...

Blogs - the future of communication
Anyone who hasn't yet heard of blogging has probably been living under a rock. Just a few years ago, these online editorials, diaries, and other collections of random thoughts were the exclusive territory of ...
I really enjoyed your blog.

I have a site about mesothelioma lawyer

check it out if you want