Monday, August 8, 2005

Can someone please tell me what could possibly be going on?

Let me just tell you how weird today has been:
1) For the first time in the 8 weeks we have been here, we have not seen the sun all day. It is kind of a Seattle-like day (or a spring or fall day in the Midwest). It has been extremely dark, overcast and rainy since we woke up this morning. And I mean dark in the sense that it's so dark, you have to have your lights on when you're driving. And the rain isn't the typical wall of water that pours down and is done in 30 minutes... instead it's been just a steady rain since this morning. So we are going on 6-7 hours of steady rainfall. I have heard that this kind of day is EXTREMELY rare here. There are never 'rainy days' where it is rainy ALL DAY. And, today, in the middle of the day it is 89 degrees, 60% humid, and rainy when usually at this time it is 105 degrees, 10% humid, and sunny. HUH?

2) Traffic was UNBELIEVABLE this morning. I thought that maybe I had forgotten about Sunday and it was actually Sunday. That's how light traffic was and I left at the same time as I usually do! I made it here in 45 minutes and I never went under 45 mph. And I used my windsheild wipers...I haven't used them since we lived in Iowa. Strange...

3) The mini has some problem with its tire as of this morning. We think its flat. Luckily we have run flats that you can use for 200-300 miles but it's still so weird because we drove it all day yesterday without incident or any light coming up. And we moved it in last night right before another massive storm and there was no light then. Then, this morning a flat tire light pops up mysteriously.

4) Emerson had no issues with her medicines this morning. No spilling or spitting. (I don't actually think this is too weird...just progress. But definitely not normal).

5) For the first time in 5 weeks, I actually slept on a Sunday night.

All of these things are actually really good things. The rain is a really nice change, the traffic situation made my whole day, the mini will get fixed (and the plus to that is hopefully we get to borrow a really cool BMW for a few days!), I didn't spill pink medicine on me or have to clean the pink medicine off the cat and floor for the first time ever, and the sleep was an excellent start to the week. It's just all a little odd... and not completely normal if normal is anything that can really be defined. It's definitely good...change never seems to be a bad thing. It's nice to not always have days that you would typically define as 'normal.' It keeps it interesting.

UPDATE: Today our official high was 96 degrees!! We were NOT in triple digits! That is exciting...and, laugh if you want, but it actually did feel pretty cool.

1 comment:

P1 said...

It's the Democrats. Trust me on this.