Friday, August 5, 2005

Today is right up there with one of the best days ever!

I was so excited this morning when I got out of bed (aside from the fact that after the first step I almost fell on my face because of my buns that felt like they decided to abandon any of my efforts to be vertical today). I was jumping out of my pants (not literally-any kind of jumping today is physically impossible) because I was going to be able to leave work early! I was planning on working from 8 to 4 (through lunch) so I could pick up Emerson. Still 8 hours, but I would be able to leave at 4!

Well, I am splitting my time between two different departments at work. One of them has a secret special day every once in a while because they are on the road so much. They go to lunch and just hang out and then go to a movie. So, I was invited. It was probably one of the coolest things that has happened in a while! I mean, I was excited about leaving at FOUR, people. Imagine my utter shock about being rewarded the WHOLE AFTERNOON OFF! A couple of the partners took us out to lunch at a yummy mexican restaurant. It was awesome getting to know some of the people I work with outside of a work setting. They are all so nice. Then, when they went to a bar to have a day cap after lunch, I decided I would just go to Nordstrom to go shopping to burn a half an hour before I went to get Em (I moved up her appointment due to my afternoon off!) I figured that drinking and then having to drive all over the valley to get Em was not too smart (Plus, I'm not really that into drinking as a hobby but that is another story entirely).

At Nordstrom, I bought a few really cute things! I bought a cute navy and white striped fitted 3/4 sleved jacket (kind sailor-y I guess), a navy wrap around tee, and two chocolate brown camisoles (one has a pattern, one doesn't). By the way, I can't believe how hot chocolate brown seems to be this season! Now I just need to get some new brown shoes to match... And, I almost bought a pair of Seven jeans. My super fashionable friend, Rachel, introduced me to these and I think they are so cool! I will never be as stylish as her but I would definitely love a pair of these jeans...they are hot! But since I had already spent tons of money (and I knew I'd be spending more on the cat) I decided to spare my frugal husband the heart attack that would result if I added a pair of super cool jeans onto the list of things I bought today... he just doesn't understand how cool they are!

Then, I finally got to go pick up my kitten. She seems to be doing well. I think she is happy to be home. And the bill was only $453!!! I was SO PUMPED! We were quoted $450-$600 and usually those quote come out on the higher end. I figured it would for sure be about $600 especially considering the vet actually took her home to HIS HOUSE last night so he could keep a watch on her. Talk about all star treatment! I was so happy about that price! And to better my day even more and to convince me that miracles definitely do happen: I was home at FOUR THIRTY. HOME. Not leaving to start coming home but actually in the front door. And I hit NO traffic on the way home (amazing how when you're not in rush hour that happens).

So, it was a GREAT day. I am really happy. The only kind of bad thing is that I guess Emerson smells a little different to Berkeley from being in the hospital. So, Berkeley has been growling and hissing at her and attacked her once. Not as bad when we first got Em but it's still stressful. And Em keeps licking her wounds...which she isn't supposed to do. She's an excessive licker anyway and I think they just feel weird so she's licking more. Ugh. But aside from that, since I've gotten home (aside from monitoring the cats) I have loaded the dishwasher and done a load of laundry and cleaned up our clutter. It is amazing how rejuevenating a day off can be...and I am not even working that hard yet! It really has been a great day...GREAT!

UPDATE: Tim just called and he had a huge conference call with the president, CFO, and the vice-president (his boss) today. I guess they were all so impressed with the work he had done...the exact words his boss used were "dynamite." And he has a huge presentation in a couple of weeks with Penn and after today the president said he would not only be making the powerpoint, he would be giving the whole presentation! They said today that his analysis was better than they had ever seen! I am so proud of him!! Congrats, Timmy!! You are the best!

5 comments:

rachel said...

I am so glad things are going so well! You should have gotten the sevens! they last a long time! anyway, I am proud of both of you...

bgunner said...

sounds like a good day, we are glad to hear that things are going well in AZ.

P1 said...

This upbeat post is a pleasure to read! I'm glad I had the chance. (But, geez, are you sure you should call him Timmy?)

rachel said...

you are right about chocolate brown this season... i have been half-heartedly looking at new bathroom stuff (like shower curtain & rug), and chocolate brown is even hot with that stuff. i don't think i will be going with that color, though.

Jenn said...

Yeah, in all of the model houses we have been looking at, chocolate brown is a popular color even for paint on walls! A little too dark for me but I do like the color... I would definitely consider it for something like pillows (or bathroom stuff!)that I could change when it goes out of style! What color are you thinking of changing to?