Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Total Cali weekend and other exciting news

Tim and I just returned from a long weekend in southern california. It was so strange to just be able to drive to his parents house...it has always been so far away! It only took us about four and a half hours to get there so it was a really easy drive!

Saturday we went down to Newport Beach and had breakfast and walked around... funny thing is, we got SO sunburned. We have been so careful in Phoenix but our first day in California we fried without meaning to. Now we are just tan with some pretty funky tan lines so we might have to brave out the Phoenix sun just to even them out. Saturday night we went out to my favorite restaurant of all time, Rutabegorz. It was started 20 or 30 years ago by college students...everything they make is all natural and organic. It really is great!

We went to church sunday and got to see a ton of people we haven't seen in a while. Then we had a barbeque at Tim's parents house with some good friends-John and Mary Anne and Bobby and Kristina. It was so great to see them...we haven't seen John and Mary Anne since the wedding and it has been almost a year since seeing Bobby and Kristina. It's crazy that now we will be able to see them a lot more frequently!

We didn't do a whole lot for the fourth... we spent a good chunk of the day driving and then when we got home we spent approximately two hours doing something I would never wish upon anyone. I might post about it later but for now I think it is too disgusting to warrant writing about. Following this, we saw some pretty cool Phoenix fireworks but other than that, we had a pretty quiet night.

In other news, out of the job offers I received, I decided to accept a job with the larger firm in the valley (the one where I sounded like an idiot on the phone...although in retrospect I do think I overreacted a little bit). I talked to one of my previous managers at Denman and he solidified my thinking that a larger firm will give me more training and more career opportunities down the road. So, my first day is tomorrow and I think they are putting me out in the field already on THURSDAY! I am nervous about that because my audit work is limited but I guess it is my "training."

So today I am going to enjoy my last day off by going SHOPPING! I think I am going to go over to Scottsdale... There are so many cool things this season that I want to buy but I've been holding out until I knew we both had jobs...this moving business has been really surprisingly expensive and we even had an allowance! Then maybe I will go to the pool to try to even out my tan lines...

2 comments:

Tim said...

You will do great at your new job!!

bgunner said...

good to hear an update - hope the new job is everything you want it to be. How is Tim liking his new job?