Sunday, July 31, 2005

I highly recommend eating cookies for breakfast

I made no bake cookies yesterday for Tim because he worked from 6 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. (yea, it really was 14 hours. I would've died). They turned out better than last time but I think I accidentally skipped a step so they were kind of chewy. Then today we both had 4 or 5 for breakfast. Definitely one of the better ideas we've had in a while... nothing beats chocolate at 6 a.m. Then we went on probably a 4 mile run/walk. We probably only ran a mile of it but that's better than we've been doing lately (it actually sprinkled on us when we were walking and it was a cool, but humid 80 degrees and overcast. Very abnormal! Yesterday we had the hardest rain/storm I've ever seen in my life. It was like someone dumped part of the ocean right on us. Crazy). I struggle to get in two good cardio workouts a week. I try my darndest but a lot of times it just doesn't want to happen. I know the problem lies in my motivation but that still doesn't make me want to do it anymore. I'm pretty good at lifting my free weights or doing pilates a few nights a week but cardio is a battle. I just don't ever want to do anything after work and I don't want to get up at 4 a.m. on weekday mornings. That will never happen, even for a morning person like me. And here, the best time to workout is in the morning and at 7 a.m. on the weekend, I just can't justify getting my lazy buns out the door versus sitting on them and still staying half asleep while I watch Today...

For lunch today, we went to Pita Jungle (the BEST ever). It was sooooo good. We had hummus for an appetizer, I had a thousand bean pita, Tim had a philly steak pita, and we had a chocolate phyllo dough piece of pie thing for dessert. Greek food is amazing. I really want my brother to come out here so I can take him here. I think he would love it! Jon, get your butt out here!!! You need to eat greek food with me. :)

This afternoon, we went and checked out some models we had seen earlier. We REALLY liked one of them. It was absolutely amazing. More than we ever thought we'd get for our money. It actually is less money than we thought we would spend at our top price. We'll see...the area that they are building the new neighborhood in is about 2 miles west of where we are now and there are a lot of things we need to consider and more houses that we need to look at. I need to stop getting so excited because I know I need to just take my time and be rational. BUT I REALLY LOVED IT. Sigh. We sent our R-E-A-L-T-O-R (I was informed I spelled this wrong in one of my last posts by someone who obviously is way smarter than me) an email asking him about the builder, the area, the schools in area (in case the market here continues like in California and we are stuck here indefinitely because we can't even afford to buy our own house back...so at this point, it would be beneficial to know that if this does happen, would our kids go to a good school?), any commercial development close by (don't want that), etc. Plus, we want to look at the inside of the houses with him to get his honest opinion. So we'll see... looking at any houses is pretty exciting, regardless.

Oh, and by the way, I am SO, SO FREAKIN EXCITED this week. My kitten is FINALLY getting declawed at the end of this week. No more blue tape on my couches (since she apparently thinks they are scratching posts). We are getting her laser declawed and spayed, which is a lot less painful for her, even though it's about $400 more expensive for us. But I feel pretty good about it. The money doesn't matter as long as she is ok. I know I will feel so sad on Thursday to just leave her at the vet overnight and she will be so confused and sad. Oh well, it's for the best... and I know she will be as good as new afterwards.

And one more thing before I stop the most random, pointless, rambling post ever. I will never talk in specific about my job on this website. If you know me, you probably have my phone number, and you can call me and I will tell you all of the intricate details who my company is, the work I do, etc., if you even care. My work bores a lot of people unless they are an accountant like me. Accountants are the only people in this world crazy enough to get excited and motivated by something as seemingly boring as taxes or auditing. So, anyway, the only thing I do want to say in general about my job here is that I absolutely love it. I actually like going to work and the people are so nice to me. I feel a little stupid right now because I'm still in the "Train me, I have no clue what I'm doing" stage but everyone goes though that. I really feel lucky to have come into contact with this job... it is better than I could've asked for.

2 comments:

pablo said...

Wise move not to talk about your work on your blog. People have gotten fired when they do that.

I'm with you in the "I'm new. I don't know what I'm doing." status. Interesting state of being.

Jenn said...

definitely humbling, that's for sure.