Thursday, July 14, 2005

Perhaps one of the more funny conversations I've overheard in a while...

This happened when I was out at a client's today right when I returned from lunch...

(Cute old man-imagine someone like your great grandpa): "I really need some kind of painkillers right now."
(Girl): "How about Tylenol or Advil?"
(Old man): "No, that's not the one I'm thinking of. It starts with an 'm.' Midol?"
(Different girl who YELLS this loudly enough that the whole office can probably hear): "WHAT'S THE MATTER, JOE? YOU GOT CRAMPS?"
(Old man is now the shade of a ripe tomato. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone blush so much. I guess he is perhaps from the era that didn't publically address 'feminine issues.' He really probably is that old so I guess I can see why he was so embarrassed): "JJEEESSUUUSS CHRIST. Advil will be fine." (and quickly heads out the door).

Maybe you just had to be there but it was all I could do from laughing out loud. I was proud of myself for ducking my head, biting my lip, and only manging to let a small laugh out. It probably wouldn't have mattered anyway, though, the whole office was busting up. Poor guy.

No comments: