Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A great week!

I was a little bit worried at 1 am on Sunday night that my week would be bad... Tim and I had the alarm set for 5:30 a.m. and I didn't think that we would EVER fall asleep. Turns out, we only did get about 3-4 hours. And if I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep a night it is the all out biggest struggle to be at least be 50% coherent the next day. So I was stressed...there is nothing worse (for me) than starting a Monday with so little sleep. And I don't drink coffee. And I sit all day. So I basically consider myself screwed when I am tired and grumpy.

And boy, was I grumpy. And tired. I worked on a client all day yesterday (Carl's Jr. aka Hardee's in the midwest) and NOTHING would work out. So frustrating. Here's where the story gets better. At lunch I left in a storm of tiredness and frustration. I went to Baja Fresh to buy a huge iced tea...hoping it would give me the second wind I needed. Well, when I went in the guy said, "With a smile like that, it's yours free." I was floored. Granted, it was only like $3.00 but he also gave me a compliment! It was a definite pick-me-up when I needed it most. I love it when people are nice. And last night I did some weight training which I haven't done in a while...it felt so good! But then I ate a bowl of ice cream which probably negated the workout, but it was excellent so I didn't really care.

Then today we were on location at Carl's and still nothing would work. So I was somewhat frustrated again but less so because I wasn't as tired. I got stuck in traffic going to and from work but it was ok because I saw a cowboy jamming in his pimped out car, I saw the most ridiculously tricked out new mini-van, and I stayed in front of a guy the whole way home simply because he was cracking me up with how much he was rockin it out in his car...I have never seen such an animated person in their car. Total amusement the whole way home.

THEN, when I get home I had an email from one of my former co-workers at Denman, from several of my friends and one from my brother. I love getting emails! My brother's was hysterical because he told me that today when he was working he saw one of my old boyfriends from high school who looked absolutely ricidulous (yes, he is one of those boyfriends who when we broke up, I wished all the worst for him. Probably don't anymore but he still isn't my favorite person). So, very funny. And it was sunny and clear today. And I am going to eat some more ice cream tonight just because I want to. And maybe I will eat some peanut butter too. And then do some workouts to offset my splurges...maybe. And Tim and my cats are the best things in the world (yes, even better than ice cream, peanut butter, and sunny weather). The end.

1 comment:

P1 said...

Maybe if you had started with the peanut butter . . .