Monday, July 18, 2005

Thinking...or not

Feel like I'm dying. Got 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night if I'm being optimistic. What is with the sunday night lack of sleep marathons?It's getting old. It's like I decided that the best way to get sleep on Sunday nights is to lie down in a road and get run over by 500 trucks. My huge, puffy eyes and pounding head testify that this is probably what is happening.

Cat barfed all over this morning too. Kitten decided that it was interesting so she would stick her head under cat's mouth while the barfing commenced. I was nauseous all the way to work. I have a paranoia of throwing up in the first place and this was just flat out disgusting.

Temperature at 7 a.m. when I left: 89. Temperature when I got to work: 101. Burning hot. Yesterday was our first monsoon aka thunderstorm/dust storm. Astounding.

I am completely wiped today. I feel like crap. CRAP. Ugh. I can't believe I am expected to actually think today. I am struggling to grasp how that will be even remotely possible.

I am having one of the best hair days ever and traffic was great on the 10 this morning. Two of the most rare phenomenons occur and I am barely coherent enough to celebrate them. In a couple of hours I might get out of this groggy sleep, run over by 500 monster trucks stage...once my green tea kicks in, I drink a diet coke, and then buy a huge iced tea at lunch. But I don't believe there is any hope for my puffy black and blue eyes today.

I am just going to remember today for what it really is: a HUGE reminder of why I don't have kids and why I don't want them anytime in the near future. I can't deal with no sleep and then barfing on top of that. And kid barf is WAY worse than cat barf. And so are feedings in the middle of the night as opposed to just not sleeping. So, I guess it isn't all bad after all.

Update two hours later: Hair looks like a pile of you know what. Guess the great hair day was only good for 3 hours. I never have good hair days anymore...I just want it to GROW so I am not cutting it. I haven't had it cut since March because even when I tell them I want a TRIM they chop it. So, today is bad hair day #209. And the day gets better by the minute...

Update #2, four hours later: Just sounded like a complete jackass. One of my managers came over to talk to me. Don't talk to one of your managers/bosses if you are a complete wreck and have no idea what you are thinking. Because then you will have no idea what you are saying. So, this made me blush and I turned beet red. So not only was I sounding like an idiot, I also looked like an idiot (my bad hair day #209, my bloodshot and puffy eyes and my red as crap face, arms, neck, etc). Good lord. I probably look like I am on some kind of drugs. At least I told him that I was going on 2 hours of sleep because "I just couldn't sleep." Because I'm sure he really cared to be my sleep doctor or psychologist for a second. Way to go, Jenn. You are so cool it's unbelievable.

Update #3: Afternoon went smoothly. I apologize to anyone who reads this for being so grumpy today. I know I am kind of wimpy but I seriously feel like total crap whenever I don't get sleep. It's weird, I guess. I do have the world's biggest headache right now and I am starving. And I am crossing my fingers that there are not piles of cat puke on the floor when I get home. That, I do not think I could handle. It really has been a pretty good day... just kind of foggy. That's how I feel when I am really tired. But work went well, my hair ended up looking ok in a ponytail (awesome that I can finally pull it back into a ponytail!), and I'm really happy...just tired.

2 comments:

rachel said...

don't worry about complaining... you have to let it out sometime. my favorite thing to do on my blog is complain! it lets some stress off. also, I love all of the pictures! we miss you!

P1 said...

See, it's posts like these that need pictures!

Also, I was wondering where my headache went. You can hang on to it for as long as you want.