Wednesday, July 27, 2005

This is not the promised post...

We got an awesome rice cooker from Crate and Barrel for our wedding. It's so cool I really can't believe we haven't used it before now. Anyway, we decided to make Chinese food for dinner the other night (I know it sounds like an impressive feat to me, too but it was really pretty easy). So we had the instruction book out to the rice cooker and noticed that there were some recipes in the back. I was trying to multitask (a thing that Tim is not so great at by no fault of his own...it might be a gender thing but I don't want to get in trouble by saying that. He does have his moments of successful multitasking but cooking is not one of them) by getting everything going at once (so it would all finish at once). So, while I was doing that Tim was reading the recipes.

Tim: "There are some really fancy recipes back here."
Jenn (half listening, scrambling around): "Oh really?"
Tim: "Yeah, we should make them sometime. There's one called [what sounded like] un rissotto de fleur."
Jenn: "Yeah that does sound fancy. What's in it?"
Tim: "A bunch of things I've never heard of. Like 1 gram of un solicito and some other weird things."
Jenn (attention now caught by the fact that he said GRAMS, not a Northern American measurement): "Let me see that."
Jenn (laughing): "Tim you are reading the FRENCH recipes."
Tim (laughing): "Oh man, I am an idiot."
Jenn: "I am so going to post about this."

So, as promised, honey, here's the post to publically announce your moment. A moment that rarely occurs with you but when it does, it is all I can do to not laugh about it for a while. It would have been even more funny if he had actually tried to make this recipe... wonder how that would've turned out.

2 comments:

P1 said...

If Tim can read French, then he shouldn't think himself an idiot. The man next door speaks four languages (he's European), and he's no idiot. Even if Tim can't speak French, he's probably not an idiot. He won your heart, after all!

Jenn said...

True, true. But he doesn't speak french. He seriously thought that it was like a 'fancy' recipe and didn't realize that he was looking at a different language... that's why it was so funny! He used to be somewhat fluent in spanish and now that we are out here, it's coming back. I admire anyone who can speak multiple languages!