Monday, October 20, 2014

Giving in.

For the almost 5 years Justin and I have been together (seriously, 5!) and 6+ years I have known him, he's forever wanted me to cycle. Granted this is coming from a former professional cyclist and to say it's still his passion would be a severe understatement. Needless to say I have always liked running better and haven't given it a fair shot...partly because I haven't had a bike and mostly because I'm just stubborn (don't tell him I said that). 

But, I am slightly injured right now with a weird foot thing (not sure what's going on to be totally honest) so I'm taking it easy on the running front, and Justin just finished building me my road bike that has been about 2 years in the making. Yesterday we both wanted to get a workout in but I was a little stuck, and timing was weird since we had people over, then the kids were napping, etc. So, Justin suggested we both ride our bikes on the trainers in the patio. It was 75 degrees and gorgeous, I could get used to my bike, and we'd both get a workout. Sold!  

First of all, it felt so weird. Secondly, oh my goodness my legs BURNED. Third, my husband was thrilled to see me on the bike. And lastly, I secretly loved it (don't tell J!) In fact, I liked it so much that my bike and the trainer are now a piece if furniture in our living room, which is slightly madness as I would have freaked if Justin moved his bikes in prior to this. But now I can ride whenever I want! I am excited to get better and get out on the road (what is happening to me?!) 




And this is how we made sure baby B was ok while we were riding. Killed so many birds with one stone in that hour! I may not be quite as passionate about this quite yet (in comparison to Justin), and will always love running, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Guess even in my old age I can learn new things (ha!) 

No comments: