Thursday, October 9, 2014

Daily Owen & Bennett: 10.9.2014

Early morning cuddles, after the normal 4:30am poop (by Bennett). B likes to completely bury himself into you, so cute. 


Little squishy face. Loved these moments before tyrant brother woke up. O woke up late but was a TOTAL Scrooge grouch class A toddler this morning. There is a hilarious website I stumbled on recently  called "toddlers are assholes"...Owen fit the bill this morning. Wow. 


Case in point: we went to see the ducks. And get "tea" with poppy (ie: rice milk hit chocolate). His face is basically a big middle finger towards us. 


Some improvement here! Followed by a meltdown 2.5 seconds later....


But relatively pleasant when having tea. 


The other guy couldn't have cared less...


Then we went to swimming. Based on his whole demeanor all morning, we knew it would suck. It did but not quite as bad as we thought it would. 


Bennett woke up and was pleasant as pie (thank god!)


I then ditched the boys with Justin to get my hair done. Started the day blonde (excuse my bedhead and thank you to Rodan + Fields for how awesome my skin is now that I only ever wear mascara and no other makeup...getting out of the house with two kids is a circus so I have exactly 5 minutes to care about how I look!), ended the day as a brunette (needed change but can't chop as my hair goes in to a ponytail far too often). I kinda love it...and the "me" time was so nice. Felt like I was missing something only having to worry about myself for a few hours...Ahhh freedom! 


Returned home and Justin had to go back to work. Owen was a little better though at one point freaked out on the swing (because he couldn't buckle it?!), then decided he would lock himself in the garage to pout. When Owen wasn't throwing a fit, B was screaming. One of those days where you just have to laugh...or pour a large glass of wine which you will not have a chance to drink.

It's currently 9:45pm and he has been in bed for well over an hour and he's still.not.sleeping. The other is crashed. Got to love toddlers...right? Here's to hoping tomorrow he's out of the toddler terrors! 

No comments: