Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Daily Owen & Bennett: 10.1.2014

Um, how is it October? Also, how are there only two months left in 2014? And how do I have an almost 2 month old? Slow down time!

In honor of fall, or actually just to maintain sanity and get two screaming kids out of the house (if we are being honest), we went for a walk.

And not just any walk, but a walk but the historic choo choo trains by our house.


Owen was in heaven. There was also construction going on close by, so it was a double bonus.


Bennett of course slept through the whole darn thing. 

  
Surprisingly, Owen fell asleep on the way home which was really early for him. I thought (hoped) he would take a long nap since Justin was leaving at noon, not to return until 7:30pm. Nope! Owen was up at 1 and both kids screamed off and on for a good hour. I half wished lightning would strike me dead in that hour, again, if we are being honest.  (Note: I also picked the wrong day to try to give up caffeine cold turkey...key word try. I ended up having probably 1/4 of a small cup of black tea as my head was going to explode. Not sure if that was from screams or lack of caffeine so I drank a little as that was the only thing I could control at that moment). I thought we were in for a hellish afternoon but it ended up being great!

We turned it around and went outside and started to winterize the yard, put up fall decorations, and played on the new swing set.


(Bennett did this):


A shot of more of the swing set:


We later went in to a stage 5 blow out by mister B...and it was yellow! Yes! His poops have been green for some reason the past few days, so I've been toying with my diet a ton. I went through this with Owen, so nothing new here. But, the yellow poo was good news. Owen had my phone and somehow caught this photo op along with a million other pictures. Needless to say, the boys and I actually had a good afternoon and evening... Success all around! 

No comments: