Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The wedding day...pictures, pictures, and more pictures.

Shortly after getting ready (see post here if you missed it), I was first up to take pictures with Tara. It was actually relatively painless and I am beyond pleased at the outcome. Of course, we had to have Justin hide for the 45 minutes or so I was taking pictures since we weren't seeing each other before the ceremony. Here are just some of the product of that photo shoot (like 5 out of a million...and all are SO GOOD):




Exhibiting the back of the dress... with the train down. The train was bustled right after the ceremony until, well, forever. It never came down again. I'm kind of sad that it's appearance was so limited because it looks really cool. I like the waterfall-ish look and it's one of the things that drew me to this dress. It also makes me very glad I opted not to cut off the train in alterations- I almost did, but then opted for a bustle instead. Glad I made that choice!


Laughing here because Tara had said something to the affect of "oh yeah, the bride just lays on the couch during her wedding day..." Turned out to be a pretty cute picture.


Sidenote: LOVE this shot. It's playful and I think the flowers just look gorgeous!


And of COURSE one of me and the pink flamingos... (story of the flamingos documented here).


Next up for pictures: my handsome groom while I went into hiding. A few from his photo shoot:



LOVE this one... with the redish tree in the background.


Also really love this one in his late grandfather's chair.

And a few more pictures from our respective photo shoots pre-ceremony:

My family, dad, mom, and brother Jon.

My dad and I...

And brother and I (aka: my best man)

Love, love love this shot of Oliver, Bailey and I.


Justin and his boys... our groomsmen.


And then all of the Valente men (this was a GREAT series...it was hard to pick just one to put on the blog).


Justin and his dad, Joe (who married us).


Justin and his brother Jordan (aka his best man). Also, sidenote: for those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, you remember that LAST August, Justin and I were at Jordan and Stephanie's wedding on this same weekend. Their year anniversary is August 21, ours is August 19 (link the the post of their wedding that I blogged about here. And yes, my girlfriend Ashley was there for that wedding too!) Pretty funny. Justin and Jordan think it's pretty cool because they can help each other remember their respective anniversaries (the running joke as Stephanie and I perfect our eye rolls...)


The little twin flower girls (Justin's cousins daughters, Luca and Tessa).


And the "big" (meaning, older- 10 year old) twins that helped the baby flower girls above and were the ring bearer and flower girl- my good friend and neighbor's kids (Ryan and Lauren).


Meanwhile, while all of this picture taking nonsense was going on... baby Isla had the right idea. A little snooze to miss out on all of the action.

No comments: