Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Secret chef.

I had happy hour with a girlfriend tonight. Since I've been the sole responsible person for making dinner most nights as Justin gets home later than I do and I have time right now (it's our slow season at work... that October 15 deadline that we still have? Yeah, we kicked it's ass. Non-issue for two years in a row!) So, going back to the point- I had happy hour, I've been making dinners, and so I casually said to Justin on my way out the door to happy hour, "Hey, you could make dinner for ME tonight since you're home and I'll be home later." You know, thinking he'd do something like a salad or soup or leftovers or something easy.

NO.

Of COURSE, he has to be the best. (OVERACHIEVER SYNDROME, I call it).

He made FROM SCRATCH a Thai dinner: spicy green curry spring rolls stuffed with peppers, tofu, veggies; miso soup with thai peppers/onion; and thai mashed purple potatoes with a hint of red curry. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I sort of thought the wine I'd had at happy hour had seeped into my brain and was making me delusional when I walked in the door. But nope, I watched him as he was finishing making it and I have picture proof (sorry for the yucky iphone picture... the blog at the front are the purple mashed potatoes. I forgot to take a picture of the soup so you'll have to trust me on that one):


Not only did this look good, but it tasted incredible. I've decided that I should officially hire my husband as my personal chef. He is amazing.

No comments: