Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The wedding day... the ceremony

August 19, 2011. After getting ready and pictures, it was time. Part of the reason for having the ceremony on a separate day was to keep it intimate with only immediate family and close friends. In all, there were only about 20 people that were a part of our ceremony and it was perfect. 

A little story about, really, the only slight drama of the day- I started to get worried around 4pm as I hadn't heard from my girlfriend Ashley (she was going to show up around 3.30-4ish). And it wasn't a bridezilla type of worry but genuine worry, like "I hope she's ok." Finally around 4.30, I hear from her and apparently she and her boyfriend Dave decided to climb Mount Si that day and sort of miscalculated how long it would take. To their credit, they are from Texas and aren't used to those big hills, um, mountains. I sort of wish I had been there to see them sprint down that sucker because apparently once they hit the top there was a big fat "uh-oh, we gotta book it!" And book it they did... they were sitting in traffic after coming down the mountain, somehow made it to Kirkland by 4.15 then showered AND made it to Bellevue in traffic by 4.45. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW. Additionally, pretty much everyone got stuck in traffic since it was a Friday.... We weren't really too firm on the start time as it was just 20 of our closest friends and family so it didn't really matter how early or late we were running.

Around 5pm-ish, everyone had made it, several minor crisis' were averted and we started. Ashley was my right hand gal and helped coordinate all of the important parties getting down the aisle.  (Again, all of the credit for the below photos goes to Tara of Red Thread Images). 

First up- Oliver and Bailey walking Justin in. I secretly spied on this part and watched them out of the back room I was hiding it. Completely melted my heart.

Next up- Jordan walking Jocelyn (Justin's mom) in.


Then my brother Jon walked my mom in.


Then it was flower girl (s) and ring bearer time. The two older twins, Ryan and Lauren helped the two younger twins. They younger girls had been practicing their flower girl skills all summer and started off great. About two seconds later Tessa (the one on the left ) decided she was not a happy camper. Poor thing. It's so cute in this picture though how Ryan is trying to help her.


And one more of the group because I just think it's so cute- the really did REALLY good considering! (And sidenote- this picture cracks me up- Tessa is crying and Ryan is just smiling and holding her hand. Meanwhile, Lauren and Luca were figuring out the whole flower girl thing).


Then it was my turn... everyone up front watching as my dad and I got ready to come down. This picture makes me choke up a little bit even as I'm writing it. I just love Justin's face in this picture. 


Out and walking towards the groom... the first time we'd seen each other all day (well, minus when I peeked and watched Justin walking down the aisle with his boys).


Start of the ceremony prayer- I included this because I think it is hilarious that Justin is look at me (caught you honey!) 


Again start of the ceremony from the back.


Joe, Justin's dad, did an amazing job. We were so honored to have him officiate.


The ring bearer Ryan- he did awesome!


A shot of my best man and brother Jon and groomsman Bailey during the ceremony.


A shot of Justin's best man and brother Jordan and groomsman Oliver during the ceremony.


During the ceremony right before vows... LOVE this picture.


Justin saying his vows to me... or vice versa (who knows!)


Ah, I think it was Justin saying his vows then, here I am saying my vows to him.


And exchanging the rings...


Happy...


We then did a ring exchange with the boys (the rings that were on the ring bearer pillow).


We invited them into our "circle" since our commitment is not only to each other but to them as well. They both got bands, too, with inscriptions of our initials and the wedding date. It was pretty cool.


A shot of us in the circle after the ring exchange.


And... Mr. and Mrs. Valente... we are married!


First kiss as a married couple!


Walking out after the short and sweet ceremony.

We were told to look up...


And, thanks to Jocelyn for thinking of this! (And Jordan for running to cut them)... pretty cool. (And again, a big THANK YOU to the Seattle weather- look at that perfectly blue sky! Perhaps maybe the first sky like that all summer...) 

All in all, the ceremony was exactly what we wanted. Short, simple, intimate and was simply, a reflection of us and the commitment and love we feel for each other. We couldn't have asked for more. A big THANK YOU for everyone who sent their love that day or who was there participating and making the actual ceremony everything we had hoped. 

No comments: