Thursday, September 8, 2011

The wedding day... more and more and MORE pictures... and finally, a chance to relax.

After we left everyone at the ceremony site, we had about another hour that we gave to Tara solely dedicated to pictures of the two of us. First up? Shots at the gym where we met (and where Justin still trains and I still workout). These were SO FUN (and it felt so good in there as it was air conditioned in there to a minus two degrees, as per usual. Usually I freeze my ass off but this day it felt so good!)  Gym pictures:


Doing squats, my favorite (SARCASM... I HATE squats and if I never had to do another one in my life, I would for sure die the happiest person in the world. Blah blah blah but they're so good for you... whatever!) Cute picture, though...especially considering I probably usually make a terrible face whenever I am forced to do squats (and yep, Justin always laughs at me when I do them. I think he enjoys torturing me when he trains me...either that or I just whine so much about how much I hate squats that he has nothing left to do but laugh at me!)


Love this.


And this.


Justin pumping iron. Apparently he had done a big chest/bi workout earlier this morning so his arms were shaking after a few rounds of pictures doing these.

...and if they weren't then, they definitely were after he pressed me up and down a few times! Sometimes we'll do a chest workout together and he'll have me sit on the bar to press me as a part of his workout. Seemed like a good photo op, even with his sore chest (I think I was laughing at him groaning in this picture)!


Ugh, another one of my all time least favorites- pull ups!


Love this along the weight rack.


After the gym shots we went to a local park to get some pretty pictures, especially since the weather in Seattle was the epitome of a perfect summer day.


Here we are laughing....


Because all of a sudden everyone below noticed us and started to cheer for us as we were kissing for a picture!


We looked down to see about 50 little girls who had moved over and were looking up at me. Of course, we had to get a photo. Hilarious as all of their moms were yelling "Don't touch her with ice cream hands!!" (They did anyway and I got all kinds of ice cream hugs... they thought I was a princess. Flattering, of course, and adorable).



Absolutely beautiful. We couldn't have planned this weather or sunset.




Another sequence of us on the dock on Lake Washington.





One of my favorites- seriously, this is Seattle?!?!


These next few pictures (including the one above) are a few of my absolute favorites out of ALL of our wedding pictures...



LOVE this one.


But I might love this one even more. It's just classy and timeless and someday we are going to freak out over how young we looked... (but of course, we'll still be that happy!)


I included this one here as evidence that yes, indeed, we did lie down in the rocks along the water for a picture.


And my groom carried me to get up and down.


One last shot of our park photo shoot- perfect sunset in Seattle.


After we left Tara, we headed across the water to Seattle. Look at that sky (Olympic mountains in the background).


We had dinner reservations at Canlis in their private dining room for 2. It overlooks Lake Union (see above picture) and is entirely private. In fact we felt like we were in our own little tree house with our own personal butler, chef, and server. It was pretty nice (understatement... it was INCREDIBLE).


One more shot.


A picture of us enjoying dinner.


And the fabulous bottle of wine we got to go with it. Delectable.


I would HIGHLY recommend Canlis to anyone, even if you don't do the private dining thing. But if you do want a special evening, DO the private dining thing. It is totally worth it. You have the room for the night (I think we got there at 8.30pm and left at 12.30). And yes, we totally did a cheesy wedding ring shot with the menu. Our attempt at photography after a glass or two of wine.


A sort of attempt at getting the moon (look at the middle of the picture). It was all red and so cool.

After an appetizer and salads, and some amazing little soup they just brought us, it was time for the main course. I got eggplant ravioli and OH MY GOD. Just looking at that picture makes me hungry and wanting to go back there for more. They were so light and flavorful.


Justin got the more manly thing- I think filet minon. He said it was just to die for. I wouldn't know but we'll just take his word.


After more wine, we got chocolates for dessert (me, of course), that won for best dessert of the night.


And Justin got the lighter version- Hawaiian donut type things.


A shot of us with our desserts. Like I said, we left Canlis around 12.30 and it was seriously the BEST way to do this wedding thing. A very romantic evening enjoying each other after the ceremony and then having the time to relax before the big party. (And I think we've found the perfect place to celebrate our first anniversary, too!)


We had reservations to stay at Hotel 5 in Seattle after we left Canlis. It is an awesome little urban hotel downtown and we had one of the suites thanks to our friend who works with the hotel (and who also left us a sweet present upon arriving to our room).


A shot of the living area.


And the bedroom area... definitely would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to stay in Seattle! Very chic and cool. And that, concludes our wedding day... next up- the party!

No comments: