Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lucky number 15.

September 18 was Oliver's 15th birthday. We were lucky enough to have him for his birthday weekend (and his cousin, Eli) so we celebrated on Saturday, the 17th. Justin and the boys did some work that morning while I ran around doing birthday errands- buying things for the birthday dinner as well as running around to get presents. After I finished doing errands I ran home to make the birthday dinner. At the request of the birthday boy: lasagna (with no spinach, since I try to put spinach in everything) and chocolate chocolate cake. Done. Except for the small fact that I was making 2 of everything. A regular lasagna and a vegan/gluten free lasagna (a new thing I haven't tried before and had no idea how it would turn out) and vegan cupcakes. And then it was on to wrap presents before everyone got home and our guests arrived. Pictures:


Justin and Oliver before opening presents.


Justin and I attempting to take a self portrait before opening presents. Sadly enough, this one of Justin looking crazy is the best we could get.

Opening presents... Grammy got Oliver a graphing calculator and a bunch of school supplies... practical!


Showing off the calculator (with the snack of cheese crackers on the table while the lasagnas were finishing cooking).


And the big present- a new laptop! He was super excited for this as he had asked for it but I don't think he expected it. It was fun to go out and get it for him.

After the present fun, we had dinner. Apparently I should never be a food blogger since I always forget to take pictures of things I make but everything turned out great. Honestly, the vegan/gluten free lasagna was the favorite over the normal cheese/meat lasagna (it was seriously incredible). The vegan cupcakes were delicious and so chocolate-y too. These are definitely going to make a reappearance in our house soon. At that point, we'd lost Oliver and Eli for the night to the new laptop so Justin, his mom, and I spent the night sipping on wine and chatting away. It was a good night, and a great birthday weekend.

No comments: