Saturday, September 3, 2011

The second day...rehearsal, sort of.

August 18, 2011. Another day where it was almost the wedding but not quite. So enough to make us feel like oh, I don't know, HOLY SHIT, HOW IS IT ALREADY HERE ? but not enough to really be in the calm of "Ok, it's here now."

It started off as any other normal day. Justin worked early in the morning from 6am to 11am or so. For me? Wasn't such a normal day. Well, it was at first I guess... I got up, went to the gym, ran for a bit and then went to get a manicure and pedicure. Awesome. Not so awesome? The girl running late. Like really late. A half an hour late. And when I was sort of on a timeline? Not cool. After that, I literally busted my ass to get to costco to get some last minute items for the BBQ we were having that night at Justin's grandma's house for our sort of but not really rehearsal as well as some items for the wedding reception (turns out, we had so much crap leftover in the end that this trip wasn't necessary at all for those reception related things... oh well).

After running to costco, I ran home to dump it all in the refrigerator, which was interesting to say the least since we already had so much stuff in there from our costco run the weekend before. And then, Justin and I had plans to meet at hot yoga. It seemed like a good idea to go to yoga the day before our wedding to kind of relax... and it was after my heart rate slowed down from running to costco to home to yoga and HOLY HELL, breathe now? Are you kidding me? Eventually the yoga breathing kicked in and I settled down from the chaos.... until we started getting phone calls about 2.5 seconds after we finished. Eh, it was the day before the wedding, guess it was pretty much assumed to be chaotic.We got home, showered, got ready, and headed out the door. Me, to pick up my dress, Justin and Oliver to get a couple of things ready to take to his grandma's for the BBQ there that night. The reason we decided to have a BBQ that night? Not because it was the typical rehearsal dinner, our wedding ceremony was too small to warrant that. No, instead it was just an excuse for us to layout the ceremony site and to get our close group of family together before the next two days really engulfed us.


After I picked up my dress, I headed to Justin's grandma's house where I stumbled upon the pink flamingos in the front yard. And then I died... from laughing. Justin's mom was in charge of dinner/appetizers the night of the wedding for the 20ish people that planned to be at the ceremony (in Justin's grandma's backyard). Ever since I asked her to help with this, the running joke was that she would also have pink flamingos to adorn the yard. Of course, I blew it off thinking she was joking. Which she was. Clearly. (and also? HILARIOUS).


We hung around a while with family before eating... above- Justin's mom, brother Jordan, Oliver, baby Isla, and Stephanie.


A picture of us! We may or may not have been pretty tired at this point... you be the judge.


A picture of Justin and his boy Oliver. (Sidenote- hello gorgeous Seattle weather! Where have you been all summer?!)


And a picture of all of us sitting around enjoying the beautiful summer evening and BBQ including my girlfriend Ashley from Dallas and her boyfriend Dave as well as my parents (not in this picture) and my brother Jon. So excited to have the out of town guests here!

And another candid of people hanging out at the BBQ. (Or perhaps this was taken to display Bailey and Oliver boxing?)

GORGEOUS sunset. Literally this was the best weekend weather wise we could have asked for... completely sunny, about 75-80 degrees. Unbelievable. You never do know with Seattle weather. After leaving Justin's grandparents, Justin went to his brother's house for the night and I went home to our house with my parents and brother. We lined up a couple of things for the next day (the Big Day) and then hit the hay....

No comments: