Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekend in review

Great weekend...

Yesterday morning started off somewhat rough (see last post). But it ended up being ok. Since we were up so early we had tons and tons of time. We felt like by 9 AM we had already accomplished so much. Always a good feeling. We went to my favorite little breakfast place, Wildflower Bread, yesterday AND today. I love that place. I really just crave their iced tea more than anything and I like the atmosphere of a little coffee-type shop on weekend mornings.

We also went on an awesome hike in the White Tank Mountains yesterday. We went on a waterfall trail that was an easy two miles roundtrip. It was so awesome at the back to see the canyon where the waterfall is when we actually get rain (we haven't had rain here since around October 15... not that I'm complaining... I like the sun better, anyway. But apparently, this long dry stretch is a record). After the family-packed waterfall trail, we went on the more challenging mesquite canyon trail. It was actually really awesome. It goes forever (like 10-12 miles one way) so we turned around after we'd probably gone 3 miles in. It was an awesome day for a hike and I love hiking up the mountains! After that we went to see 'Munich.' It was pretty good...interesting, if nothing else. I think that film people would like it a lot. I thought it was kind of gory and sad but I could see where critics would rave about it and it really was an interesting story.

Today we just kind of relaxed... it was kind of cold here today and windy. I think it was still like 62 degrees but it felt chilly, like fall! It was kind of cool. It was supposed to rain but it didn't. We did have a few clouds that looked sort of dark but nothing happened. We heard that Flagstaff got one of their first snows of the year, though, so now the skiing people will be happy. We did go on a bike ride which ended up being an excellent workout since we rode into the wind the whole way out. We were definitely feeling it! After the bike ride we came back here and made herb-turkey burgers on the grill and made twice baked potatoes. And we ate ice cream, a weekend staple.

So, the weekend was really pretty low key but those kind of weekends are my favorite, by far.

2 comments:

P1 said...

I want to know more about this iced tea you mentioned.

Jenn said...

sort of passion fruit-ish; kind of exotic... not like regular iced tea. Very tasty... they have a sign that says something like people come from all over just to enjoy a refreshing glass of their famous iced tea. It's so great!!