Thursday, January 12, 2006

And I definitely feel guilty for that last post...

Aahh... like I said, I was fine in a few hours. The morning just started off a little rough as I thought about the several trivial things that were bothering me. By the time I got to my client, I was perfectly fine. A short drive and a good CD really does a lot to clear the head and put things in perspective. I don't want to be known as someone who complains so loudly, so incessantly that anyone and everyone can hear. It's really quite humiliating when you look back and realize that your rantings are so silly. So, my apologies.

I've been thinking a lot lately about change. Do people like it or dislike it? I think that at my age change happens frequently, perhaps without any awareness that it is happening. I feel like since I've graduated from college, I've changed a lot. I've developed a new career, I've met new people, I'm still trying to discover who I really am, who I want to be, how exactly I want myself to come across to other people. I would consider myself to be more of an extrovert now when I used to consider myself an introvert; more flexible when I used to be more stiff (not literally-I used to do more yoga than I do now); more willing to expose my character flaws when I used to hide my faults; more willing to face confrontation when I used to avoid it at all costs. I am still more of a listener than the life of the party but I've come to accept that isn't all that bad. I feel more liberal, more open-minded to anything. I've broken down everything I was taught growing up and I have re-taught it to myself, making sure that my beliefs are really what I believe in and why or why not.

I wonder if this is a part of growing up or if that just happens as people take paths in their life that develop their character even more. I feel like a different person than I used to be and I think I like it. I think that change is good. I feel as though I am blessed to have the family and friends that I do. I am lucky to have a man that I am slowly learning to change with, a man that is becoming my partner and my best friend in this new stage of our life. I have found a job that I love. I feel like I live deeper and more fully and that I am independent and capable of anything. Is that ignorance or optimism? I feel like it is just a change in me. A change that accepts life with all of its faults but that loves it anyway. I feel like I am just living the process and loving every minute of that.

Call this the cheesiest post ever, if you will. I will probably agree when I look back and read it tomorrow. But, hey, I was feeling philosophical. What can I say?

No comments: