Tuesday, January 31, 2006

News? What news?

I really have nothing to say but I'm feeling the urge to post something for the sole reason that I haven't posted in several days...

But nothing is really going on except for work. I leave my house at 7 a.m., get home at 7 p.m at the earliest, eat, then work some more at home. Well, the last part (working more at home) is what I SHOULD be doing. I usually get distracted by things that actually sound like fun... like reading a magazine, watching TV, posting on my blog (that's what this REALLY is...a distraction so I don't have to work), attempting to work out...

I have been pretty good about working though lately. I went in for a few hours on Saturday, spent some hours on Sunday night and am seriously considering the need to work some more tonight. It is busy season, so I'm told... even though I'm not a tax accountant anymore I'm learning that rule still applies to me as an auditor. I love it though...so I'm not complaining.

Today is the 105th day without rain for Phoenix. I'm totally not complaining about that either. I think we are in the complete opposite situation as our friends in Oregon, Travis and Rachel. Maybe if they are getting sick of rain in Oregon we can start to convince them to move to Phoenix... or vice versa, I guess, although I'm pretty sure I can't be persuaded to love rain...but that's just me. :) It would be nice to have some friends here... maybe we will have to start really talking people into moving here. So, here's the push: EVERYONE SHOULD MOVE TO PHOENIX! 105 days with no rain, approximately 65-75 degrees for nine months out of the year, sunny all year, tons to do, lots of jobs, major growth, TIM AND JENN, what else could you want in a city? I know somewhere I'm going to hear the response that, "Oh, if you're lonely, you shouldn't have moved AWAY from your friends." Here's my response to that before anyone has the chance to say it: 1) I'm not lonely, I miss our friends 2) I am 100% happy in Phoenix. I absolutely love it here. And we have met people... but it's not the same as the people we've known for years. Having our good friends here would make Phoenix even that much more perfect.

This weekend we are going to the FBR open in Scottsdale. We are pretty excited to see a bunch of the major golfers. We've heard that it's a pretty good time there, too. Apparently it gets pretty crazy for a golf tournament. It should be fun. Sunday I'm sure we'll watch the superbowl... anyone have a vote for who'll win? I vote Seattle...gotta go for the underdogs.

Rambling, yes I'm rambling. And procrastinating. And not watching the State of the Union. Or working. Or working out. But I posted. What a great way to spend time, eh?

2 comments:

rachel said...

oh my gosh! right now i wish i was living in phoenix with you! it has been raining here everyday. i actually have to walk to school in the pouring rain trying to hold my umbrella and a cup of coffee. my pants get soaked! it is pretty miserable, but i guess i can only blame myself.... stupid, rachel!

i am so proud of you for doing so well at your job!

xoxo

Jenn said...

I bet Oregon is so pretty though... I wouldn't mind a nice rainy day every once in a while...