Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Humiliation.

Today, leaving my client's I completely ate it. Fell. Flew through the air. Wiped out. It started on about the third step up from the bottom of the stairs (as we were walking down). I think my shoe got caught in the cuff of my pants and the next thing I know, I landed at the bottom of the stairs in a split position and I slid across the floor a ways, right along side of my keys which I released from my grip during the fall and which also slid across the floor. My boss was standing there with his jaw dropped, in disbelief... "Did that really just happen? Did she really just do that?" Yes, yes I did. I am convinced though that it was a rather graceful fall. I didn't hurt anything or drop anything (aside from the keys). And I landed in a perfect split position... it was just like I planned a grand exit or something. Classy.

I am still cracking up...3 hours later. So embarrassing but so, so funny. I give my co-worker permission to laugh. I can't imagine how bad he wanted to at the time. Like I said, I still haven't stopped.

1 comment:

pablo said...

Slacks, skirt, or dress?