Sunday, January 8, 2006

We have pipes and front yard landscaping!

Our new house has pipes sticking out all over it. I don't really know what they are for, but I do know that it is some kind of progress. So, we're excited. We went to our landscaping appointment on Friday morning. Front yard landscaping is included in the package from our dealer but if you don't schedule the appointment and go to it, you get stuck with a standard package that is probably pretty shanty. So we went with an 'Oasis' package. Sounds fancy cool, huh? It actually just means that instead of rocks (the desert package), we'll have grass in our front yard. We will also have several colorful plants (purples, yellows, white, and red flowery plants that bloom mostly all year), a desert-ish tree, and an Evergreen Elm tree which is more like an Elm than an Evergreen. It actually changes colors and loses its leaves during this time of year so that's pretty neat. We also picked out the brick border around our grass and our color of granite rocks that we'll have. The irrigation system was included in the package which was awesome. We thought it would be a major upgrade but it wasn't. So, we're pretty excited with everything on the new home front. We'll keep everyone updated.

Weekend was great. We went to a friend's wedding in Fountain Hills. Tim's known him since he was little and we both went to Graceland with him. There were several people in town for the wedding, including Tim's parents, so it was cool to see everyone.

I don't think I've updated since forever ago. So, going back, New Year's was pretty good. It was kind of lame due to my uncontrollable urge to pass out and fall asleep. The night before New Year's, I had an inventory observation from midnight to about 2:30 p.m. I didn't sleep at all before going to the observation which could have been the first mistake I made. Tim's family was in town so we stayed up and played games, hung out. I finally got home and went to sleep at around 3 a.m. Then the next morning I got up a little before 6 a.m. to go to another observation. I had an observation that lasted from 7:30 a.m. to about 9:00 a.m. and then another one from about 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. I got home at about 3 p.m. and Tim and his family were golfing. Instead of taking a nap (mistake #2), since I was still feeling the affects of my Starbucks peppermint mocha I had gotten earlier in the day, I decided instead to clean my house and go on a run (mistake #3 and #4...note: do not try to convince yourself that exercise will give you energy when you are going on about 2.5 hours of sleep. It really just makes you feel like crap). So, needless to say, by the time midnight rolled around, actually by the time 10:30-11:00 rolled around, I was falling asleep in the middle of having conversations with people, literally. It was bad. So I feel extremely bad for being such a bad hostess to Tim's family but I made it to midnight while staying somewhat coherent which I was proud of. I think I was in bed and asleep though by 12:15 a.m. Perhaps on this night some shots of something would've kept me awake and made me more of the life of the party. Maybe next time.

Anyway, it was a good New Year's weekend. We went on a hike on New Year's day. Hikes are probably my favorite thing to do so I had an awesome first day of the year. January 3rd marked the official start of my busy season. I will try to post as much as possible but until about the 2nd week of May, I could be going certifiably insane and considering my life could be somewhat non-existent, I might not have much to post about.

Now, I am going to attempt to exercise. The 500 billion cookies I've eaten in the past 4 weeks are starting to show. Seriously.

OH YES! Today I went shopping and got THE BEST DEALS EVER at Banana Republic. I was extremely over excited. I got a pair of jeans for $13. Much better than the Sevens Tim just got me for Christmas for about 12 times that. I just had to buy the jeans because 1) They were actually super cute... BR jeans for $13 should not be cute...it just doesn't make logical sense. Usually if their jeans are that cheap, they would be nasty. BUT NOPE! The other deals were pretty sweet too but that topped the chart.

Oh, and to add to this random, rambling post (a result of what happens when I put off posting for a week and a half), I got Chelsea and Scott's save the date yesterday and I thought it was the cutest thing ever! Yea for them!!

No comments: