Thursday, June 9, 2005

I should have posted this three days ago...

because now we can't seem to find our camera. I'm sure it is buried somewhere... but for now it is MIA. I have been delaying the post about what an awesome weekend we had last weekend because we took some cool pictures that I wanted to post. But packing took precedence over getting the pictures onto the computer and now the camera is missing from the whirlwind of packing. So, if you want to see pictures go to Rachel's site...and once I find my camera I will post mine. It could be a few weeks...we couldn't even find a huge bowl. The tiny camera has no hope of recovery.

Anyway, we had such a fun weekend! We were in Kansas City all weekend...we spent some time with my family and had a couple of card nights with them... my mom and I whopped my dad and tim in spades both nights. Don't believe them if they tell you otherwise. Saturday we bought mattresses (ugh...what a boring grown up thing to do...) and then we met Travis and Rachel for lunch. We ate at Lulu's and then walked around a cool architectural salvage store...we always love hanging out with them! They are moving to Eugene, Oregon later this summer... Rachel is starting her Master's in arts administration at the University of Oregon this fall... I know they will love it there!

Sunday was Jeff and Karyn's wedding...everything and everyone was so beautiful. We got home to Des Moines at around 1 am monday morning so we were pretty tired but it was well worth it... we saw so many friends we haven't seen since college.

When we got home, we almost died out of love and happiness for Berkeley. Our dryer was broken and the repair guy came on Friday an hour after we left. We keep Berkeley's litter in the laundry room. The repair guy shut the laundry room door after he left so when we got home that's the first thing we saw...and we envisioned what hell the next hour of our life would be...cleaning up cat crap all over the house. Well, our cat is the BEST CAT IN THE WHOLE WORLD. We keep about a 6" by 8" (read: really, really small) litter box in a closet for Emerson... much to our astonishment and complete dismay, Berkeley used it all weekend. There was nothing on the floor... most cats despise using dirty litter boxes. We had to throw it away because it was so disgusting but thank the LORD there was nothing on the floor. It is absolutely amazing how much I loved her at that moment. So, the entire weekend was awesome...beginning to end.

4 comments:

CarolK said...

Speaking of the kitties....when you are moving them a helpful hint is that if you put some kind of oily food item (...peanut butter, butter, etc.) on their feet they will lick it off of course, and along goes all the old smells of home. They won't try to find the old home if they don't have a scent for it. (This is in case they get loose.)

Jenn said...

That's a great idea! I will have to try that... I am a little bit worried about moving Berkeley and Emerson... I'm sure they will be fine but I am open to any tips I can get!! Thanks!

Kristyn said...

hey! i haven't talked to you in a while so i decided to check in and say hi :). LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!! thank God. unfortunently i have play production (advanced drama) auditions and finals this week. ugh. i had the ACTs this morning, not very fun, but at least it's over with. When are you moving? i know you probably told me this, but i forgot. haha. well, i have to get back to studying for finals. i miss you tons! and good luck with moving!
<3Kris

jenn said...

kristyn! glad it's the last week of school...good luck! we are moving wednesday!!