Friday, June 24, 2005

Bubbles and bubbles...

I would consider myself to be pretty health conscious. In fact, I was so extremely health conscious about three years ago that it actually ended up being unhealthy (as in I only weighed 89 pounds unhealthy...yeah it WAS that bad). That is a different story entirely but the point is that I feel that I am now a pretty balanced person in terms of health. I try not to eat much junk food, I'm not a huge meat eater, and I really try to stay away from processed foods. I am not saying that these things define the 'perfect' healthy person...they are just things that I TRY to do. Of course, I am not perfect and I do eat the occasional bag of peanut butter M&M's and pan of brownies. And there are weeks when I am absolutely unmotivated to exercise. I can say, though, that I have never craved a big ole juicy steak...yuck.

My one regular downfall (aside from the occasional cravings)? Well, maybe I have two: Soda (or pop or coke...whatever) and unnatural peanut butter (nothing beats JIF reduced fat crunchy even with its hydrogenated oils). The peanut butter craze is a whole different story. As far as soda goes, I go on spurts where I won't drink it for months at a time to try to be more healthy and eliminate caffeine, sugar, aspartame, carbonation...whatever. But it never works. I always revert because I really love the bubbles I feel in my stomach when I drink soda. To be honest, I really don't love the taste...Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke are the best, in my opinion...but I really just love the bubbles. Tim thinks I'm crazy and for several years now he has tried but has never felt the bubbles. I feel kind of sad that he hasn't because it feels so good.

Am I nuts? Does anyone else feel bubbles when they drink soda? I have talked to several people that agree with me but I am not sure if they are just being nice. So I would like to settle this ongoing debate between Tim and I for once and for all. And with that thought, I am going to go drink a Dr. Pepper.

5 comments:

Tim said...

I still think you are crazy. Nobody else feels the bubbles!!

lee said...

tim is right. the bubbles are in your head, not your tummy.

Jenn said...

You guys are just jealous because you can't feel them!

rachel said...

I think I feel bubbles. I feel like drinking soda at a meal helps it to digest or something. I definitely crave the bubbles sometimes. You are not crazy, jenn.

junebee said...

You could drink flavored seltzer water. Same bubbles, better taste and better for you.