Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An uneventful rest of the weekend.

Ok, I lied. In the last post I said we broke out Mr. Knob because it was our first "official" year together. It wasn't. That was Saturday, the 16th. One day off. But celebrations can always start early and go later, right? That's how I roll- remember, birthday WEEK?

Anyway, Saturday we woke up, had breakfast and then had the perfect celebratory day planned (excuse me, that was sort of sarcastic). First up, to Seattle to the cake place to try out cakes for the wedding. MMM. This was fun. Next up, trip to the mall to pick up a couple of things. This was still sort of fun, but not ideal. I'm not a "shopper." I'm in and out to get what I want and I generally really dislike the Bellevue mall. It's confusing. It's taken me FOUR FREAKIN YEARS (yes, all caps required) to figure out how to just get to the basics (Khiels, Nordstom, Sephora). If I have to find something outside of that, say, a Hallmark or something obscure that I wouldn't normally go to? I had better layer in an extra hour of time because I'll be going in circles for YEARS (aka: an hour). Next up?  Trip to Costco. (GROOAN...)

Side note: I DESPISE Costco. Especially on Saturdays. People step foot into Costco and immediately become idiots, even if they aren't naturally an idiot outside of Costco. Everytime I step foot in a Costco on a Saturday, I wind up wanting to punch about 10 people in the face. Including myself for inflicting this torture on myself by being there. It's sort of a love-hate relationship though because I do love the things I can buy at Costco. But always hate the bill. I swear, I've never spent under $200 there. We did good this time though at under $300. And it really ends up being a great deal for us to go there, especially for when we have the kids.


At Costco, we got several cheeses to try out that are cheeses we'll have at our weddings...I believe they were mostly all local and even though they were about the size of our heads for $10 a pop, it was worth it since a little chunk goes for $5 a pop at whole foods. So, after enduring Costco, our treat to ourselves was a wine and cheese plate at home. Mmm. One of the cheddars that we are getting goes AMAZING with dates. Holy cow, I probably could eat that and pair it with wine for the rest of my life and die happy. It was just incredible. We thought the dates would pair better with the brie, but it was definitely way better with the cheddar. After Costco, we decided that was enough of this productive business for the day, so we made a nice dinner, drank some more wine, and relaxed...

On Sunday we were up bright and early (try 5am) as Justin had another bike race over in Seattle.


Look at him, the cute biker boy. While he was warming up for an hour before the race... (I know, this is a phenomenon I don't get either but apparently when you start you go all out so you have to warm up an hour before. By then I'd be tired and over it... but maybe that's just me? Apparently)...anyway, while he was doing that, I ran around the Univesity of Washington. I only got a few miles in before I had to head back to watch the race start.


I did walk the course he was racing before I started running and got some shots of him warming up.


And one more. We are in the "U district" of Seattle, accordingly called because it's right by the university of Washington and Lake union. He raced around boat street, a street pretty much right on Lake Union.


And the start of the race... it gets most exciting at the very end, though, when they sprint to the finish. He did AWESOME. He didn't get pulled and finished in the top ten. For only his second race in several years, this is just great. I was really proud of him and he was happy with his race, too, so that's all that matters. Next goal for the next race? Top 5. He'll do it.

No comments: