Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mid-fall, er, summer concert

A couple months ago, my friend Stacie sent out an email to get people to go to the Sarah McLaughlin concert at a winery close by. IN, for sure! I've always loved Sarah music and the idea of a nice warm summer night sitting outside, with friends, listening to music and drinking wine couldn't have sounded better. So I bought tickets. And then, this week, Seattle continued to experience their 4th season: fall. Preceded by winter, then fall, then winter, now back to fall (you know, with a couple of schizo warm spring days in there... no rhyme or reason and NEVER to exceed 2 days at a time. And, no, we don't do summer in these parts- see my last post). SO, yes, fall has returned so the thought of sitting outside at a concert when it had been POURING all week? Yuck. But, we psyched ourselves up and wouldn't you know? Seattle surprised us. Last night was the nicest part of the whole week. About 65 degrees when we got there at 6pm, partly sunny, no rain. NO WAY.


Above: ticket. Rain or shine.


Shot #1 of amphitheater: looking like it could pour any second.


Justin looking awfully serious. I'm not sure why. He was probably people watching... intently. 


Shot #2 of amphitheater... starting to see, what's that color, BLUE sky? Incredible.


And yours truly... in a sweater and uggs (not pictured)... drinking wine. It was actually a rather pleasant night.


Oh what's that? You want to see a closeup of the new sunglasses Justin just got me? You're in luck! He took about a million pictures in a row and a close up was in the cards. They are Spy's and I love them. Yes, he has good style.

A side note on sunglasses: this is my first pair I've gotten in 4 years since I moved up here from Phoenix (not kidding). I had about a million pairs when I moved here, you know, because you need them in Phoenix every day and since then I've just been wearing all of those. I finally lost my last pair last summer (it's a life mystery- I consistently lose sunglasses and socks), and I never have replaced the last pair I lost, nor have I needed to (read: lack of sun). So, Justin, being the nice guy he is, bought me a new pair (in hopes that it would coerce Seattle to experience some sun?) He actually bought me 2 pairs (the others are pretty much the same but brown).

So, back to the concert- it was great. Rich and Stacie joined us a while after we got there and we saw a couple of other friends we knew, too. It ended up being the perfect night for a concert outside with good friends and good wine... even if I was wearing uggs in July.

No comments: