Saturday, July 23, 2011

A new toy...

I got a new bike! Er, well, part of a bike.

Here are three things you need to know about Justin:
1) He loves bikes (shocker!) and is beyond knowledgeable at everything bike related
2) He is thrifty beyond belief. Part of this is that he is almost OCD to the point of finding a good deal and he just knows where to look (I cannot BELIEVE how much I've learned from him in the thrifty regard, being that I am not thrifty at ALL)
3) He has been looking for a bike to build for me for quite some time so that we can ride together (aww).

This morning, after months of trying to find the "perfect" (but reasonable- remember, he's thrifty!) frame, he won an ebay auction for what was deemed the perfect frame that was still a good deal (trust me, a good deal on a good bike? Um, I could buy several pairs of designer jeans... BLOWS me away) so we drove over to Seattle to get it. It's an awesome frame, I'm told (I know nothing about bikes, so this is going off of the bike master's words). It's a belgium frame and there's about 10 other things that he told me about it but I don't remember other than it sounded cool. All I know is that it looks really sleek and sexy and it's super light!

Seeing as how I spent all week wanting to curl up in a ball from an intense hip flexor injury from running way too much last week (whoops, brought that one on myself... damn runners high!) that radiated up my back (oh, let me tell you a) how pleasant that's been and b) how pleasant it's made me!), I have decided that I might need to bike more so I am all for this new purchase. And it would be fun to bike with Justin since he is such an avid rider and is so good at it. Meaning, maybe if I ride with him, I'll have a lessor chance to kill, er, well at least injure myself somehow? The bike isn't all put together yet but I'll be the first to report how the first ride goes... I think I'll like it. Even though in my previous experience riding bikes, it's one of the hardest workouts out there (kind of like how riders say that running is absolute hell...runners say the same thing about riding). It's called compromise.

No comments: