Monday, July 11, 2011

Things I learned today (on my run).

1. Running home from work in rush hour is faster than driving home from work in rush hour, though infinitely more sweaty.

2.70 degrees does NOT = summer. Not to self: do not wear sleeveless shirts and skirts to work if it is under 80 degrees. It took 30 minutes of running for me to thaw out sufficiently.

3. I run SLOW at the end of long runs. It hurts.

4. People are obnoxious. When running over a bridge that crosses the freeway, why must people honk? Is this amusing? I am going to start bringing water balloons on my runs to drop on them and scare THEM.

5. 8 years goes by fast.... July 11, 2003. A day I'm likely not going to forget. It seems so long ago and so not so long ago all in the same breath. Isn't that strange how that happens?

More to come soon on the events of our weekend.

No comments: