Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A day of summer.

GUESS WHAT?! Summer came to Seattle! Maybe it only lasted for a day (seeing as how right now it's POURING RAIN), but I'll take what we can get right now. In honor of this summer day, we took full advantage by going out on Justin's brothers boat on Lake Samammish on Sunday. We started bright and early at 9am and went until about 4pm. It was GLORIOUS. Oh yeah, but. I sort of forgot I don't have that Phoenix glow anymore. Which also means that my skin isn't used to sun. Which means I got burned. BAD. I even put sunscreen on. Oh well, it was all overshawdoed by the screams of SUMMER! SUN! SUMMER!

A few pictures:



And now, everyone who lives in Seattle remembers why. We'll bitch and moan but these days are just fabulous, perfect even.

EVEN with the world's worst sunburn...Today I had to go to the dentist for my twice annual cleaning, and as I'm sitting in the chair I'm skirming like crazy because the sunburn itches so bad. I literally stopped by trader joes on my way back to work to buy a bottle of aloe so giant that it may last me the next 20 years. But my goal at that moment was to take a 20 year bath in it, so it made sense. As I'm rubbing it all over myself in the car in traffic, I'm getting honks all around. I probably looked like I was playing with myself but let me tell you: I haven't never felt something so good.

My poor skin.

Note to self: when you have seen sun so infrequently lately, wear SPF 400.

No comments: