Friday, June 11, 2010

Wild Ginger YUMNESS

Is Yum-ness a word? It is now. On Friday night I headed to Wild Ginger, a local asian fusion restaurant. They have a location over the water in Seattle but they just opened another location on the east side of the water.

This was probably the 3rd or so time to visit this location. SO good.

I had a glass of cinsault wine from Italy, I believe. I hadn't had this type of wine before but it's comparable to a pinot noir. It was VERY good.

My yummy wine. It was so smooth and so many different notes... sort of spicy but smooth, kind of oak-y. I don't purport to be a total wine connoisseur but I could definitely pick up on a myriad of flavors in this wine. It. was. good.

The spread of our table...
1) Mongolian noodles which were slightly spicy with some chili sauce, tons of veggies and topped with fresh cucumber
2) Wild mushrooms and pea pods with onions. I believe the mushrooms were a shitake/portobello mix.
3) Sichuan green beens that had some chili spice, too, so were slightly spicy
4) Brown rice
5) Seabass
6) Tomato/basil tofu dish
My favorite thing hands down was the tomato/basil tofu... I LOVE the flavor of tomatoes and basil and the tofu was just outstanding. I also really loved the mogolian noodles. Everything was really good, who am I kidding!
A shot of my plate... but of course after I ate all of this I continued to nibble and nibble and nibble on everything.... Like I said, Yum-ness.

No comments: