Wednesday, June 16, 2010

91 years young.

Today was my Grandma Mac's 91st birthday. She lives with my parents now and is in generally good health, considering, well, she's NINETY-ONE. I have fond memories of her as a child... mainly going to her house in Springfield, Missouri every summer... and eating biscuits and gravy and homemade raspberry jam, blueberry muffins... and everything else good. And playing and playing on the property she had in Springfield... with the HUGE oak trees and plants and multitudes of buildings (the house was built in the 1800s so it was really cool as a kid). Oh, and we always got toys from Grandma. Isn't that what Grandma's are for?? When I was about 10, she moved up to Kansas City to live closer to my parents and I have good memories of that time too since she was only 2 blocks away then and always accessible. I was thinking about her all day today and it was fitting that when I walked outside tonight, I saw this awesome rainbow:



Happy birthday, Grandma! Cheers to 91 years....I love you.

No comments: