Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quiet nights at home? ...maybe

So, Mondays. What is my problem with Mondays lately? I've NEVER had a problem with Mondays. But the past three, I just CANNOT for the life of me get my head into the game. I just drag and drag and drag until I can go home from work. By Tuesday, the zest is back and I throw myself into work just like normal. Mondays used to be like that for me, what happened?! It's very bizarre.

This particular monday wasn't AWFUL but still, I could just feel that I was dragging. I got home from work early after lifting weights and doing a short 1.5 mile run. Naturally after working out, I felt the best I had felt all day. I think I might start working out early Monday mornings so that I don't have to endure the draaaag all day until I workout.

Anyway, I decided to come home early. As I was driving down a street in our nice, quiet little neighborhood, I drive past two cop cars with flashing lights. Weird. Then I pass FIVE MORE cop cars. What?! Um?

I live in one of the nice eastside suburbs of Seattle. Trust me, it is no inner city ghetto. I know my neighbors, the neighborhood is quiet, and it's nice. So why the hell there were EIGHT cop cars just baffled me. I called my neighbor and we decided it was probably just some crazy kids up to no good. NEXT THING YOU KNOW, we find out that someone had broken into a house in broad daylight and had taken everything and THEN an hour or so later, someone else spotted a suspicious man walking around in her backyard. WHAT?! Crazy. So, I guess the point of all this is to make sure to lock your doors. Even if you think you live in a safe, quiet neighborhood, it might not always be the case. I guess there are bad, screwed up people everywhere. It's a shame.

After that excitement, I'm freaked out so promptly dead bolt all doors. And then make a giant salad for myself for dinner.

And everyone knows what Monday nights are for right? Watching the bachelorette. I know, I know, it's my guilty vice. I had been out of it since, oh, I don't know EIGHT years ago when I watched it in college until I stumbled on it last season and now I'm hooked in again. Ridiculous. But I really like Ali and she has a lot of cute guys who seem actually genuinely nice, at least as far as you can really tell from reality TV.

No comments: