Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday night

Like I mentioned in this post, after hiking Tim and I had planned a Saturday night dinner. It's something we like to do every once in a while, you know, go out to try to enjoy each other's company... along with enjoying good food and wine. Saturday night we stayed fairly close to home and hit up one of our favorite wine bars/restaurants in the Seattle area: Purple. They have a great collection of wine and their food is, well, awesome.

A shot of our table... First, we sipped on a flight of local white wines and had some flatbread/crackers and three spreads: Walnut feta, Edamame hummus, and Artichoke hazelnut. I was in heaven. It was SO good. For me, it really doesn't get much better than wine and bread.

For our entrees, I got a GIANT spinach salad that had garbanzo beans, onions, toasted almonds and tomatoes. I think at the end of it all, I just had a HUGE pile of spinach left. The dressing was a sun dried tomato vinaigrette which I had on the side.

Tim got a wild salmon sandwich and a side of sweet potato fries. Their sweet potato fries are absolutely out of this world. Just saying.

And a picture of me, drinking more wine with the biggest pile of spinach EVER. Saturday turned out to be a really nice night and we had a table right by the wall that was open leading out to the patio. Purple did not disappoint, as always. So good.

No comments: