Monday, June 28, 2010

Low key Sunday

Sunday was relatively low key, just the way I like sundays to be. I was home alone doing whatever I wanted... it started off with a nap to take advantage of some downtime and extra sleep! After an hour or so, I decided to get moving and Bella decided that SHE was ready for the day. Well, of COURSE, the princess is. So I promptly took her on a walk to tame her craziness. We ran about a half of a mile until I decided my legs were tired from hiking the day before. And then we just walked the rest of the time... probably 5-6 miles or so.

Bella strutting her stuff on our early morning walk.

SUCCESS! Right after we got home = VERY. TIRED. DOG.

My stupid arm broke out in a rash from the tetanus shot I had on friday. And MAN, those things FREAKING HURT. HOLY COW. I do NOT remember how bad those stupid things make your arm hurt... like being tackled by 3 linebackers and having the crap punched out of one spot on your arm. It was unbelievable!
After the morning walk, I went and met my good friend Lindsay for brunch at Pomegranate, a local restaurant in Redmond. I forgot to take pictures because we were too busy chatting and catching up. It was so fun though to see her and to have a great breakfast #2/lunch (I had organic vanilla almond milk oatmeal with a side of fresh berries and toasted almonds... seriously so good). The first breakfast might have involved a very large amount of peanut butter.... my new/old current addiction.
After that fun excursion, I made my way home and did some house cleaning and then since it was mid afternoon decided I would take Bella on walk #2 of the day. It was actually fairly warm out Sunday (though cloudy still of course) so it was nice to be out again. This time we walked for about an hour and 15 minutes, maybe 5 miles or so. Bella was one tired pup after walking TWICE in warm weather after her day of running at happy hound on Saturday.
For dinner I was in the mood for a giant salad...plus some protein. So I made flax tempeh (which is cut up on here so you can't really tell what's what), cut up some almond cheese, and made some lentils to put on the salad along with all of the other veggies on hand. SO good. I would HIGHLY recommend tempeh to anyone who wants to add a different type of protein to their diet. It's a type of culturing process that originated in Indonesia that binds soybeans into a cake type form. The process that the soybeans go through (a 24 hour process!) to get to the final product actually make it have a higher nutritional value (protein, dietary fiber, vitamins, etc) than just eating tofu has... at least accordingly to all of my nutrition sources that I read. Either way, it's delectable!

No comments: