Friday, June 25, 2010

Seven is a lucky number.

Ok, usually not... if you know me, you know that I have some weird thing about the numbers 7 and 13 and typically I'm not a superstitious person. BUT, BUT!
Last night?

I ran seven miles.

WITH NO PAIN.

YEE-HAW!

I am seriously over the moon about this. I ran a little over 6 miles on Tuesday, ran 3.5 miles Wednesday and then did an hour long bike ride with Tim, and then since Thursday was my last weekday of pure cardio (since Mondays/Fridays I combine a little bit of cardio and do mostly strength training), I decided to just push it. Not usually the best choice as evidenced by my battle of the injuries but since I have taken care of myself and have gotten back into it sloooooowly, I was ready to tackle a longer run. It was still slow at a 10 minute mile pace and I did do 20 minutes of sprinting in those miles to break up the monotony (and because sprinting is the thing that ultimately "healed" the achilles) BUT! I ran seven miles! Whoo hoo!
While I was running, Bella was also getting her run in at a park by home:

Ok, I guess here she isn't exactly running as cooling off in the dirt. I mean, who doesn't lay down in the dirt to cool off? Duh. And just a sidenote? This frisbee? Her FAVORITE thing EVER, hands down. She is obsessive about it. It's great for getting her energy out.

After that awesome pain-free run, I was, of course starving. After cleaning up and getting de-sweat-ified, it was time to think about dinner. Oh the most asked question, EVER, "What for dinner?" I feel like I often get in a dinner rut because I don't usually care too much and just want something fast and easy. So, I usually revert back to just throwing together a salad with whatever is on hand, as I've mentioned a million times before. Last night I felt like I needed some sort of protein source and was just slightly motivated to break out of our rut, so I took the other half of a block of tofu (from my tofu recreation experiment) and baked it for about 15 minutes in a Teryaki/sesame glaze. It was SO good. And naturally I was starving (again) after running so didn't take pictures. Guess you'll just have to take my word on how yummy it was. Of course, on the side I had some organic whole grain pasta and the staple spinach salad with walnuts, chickpeas, and assorted veggies. But man, baked tofu? Awesome. It's a definite for the easy dinner do-over...and soon.

No comments: