Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tofu tomato basil recreation

Last night I tried to recreate the amazing tofu-tomato-basil dish we had at Wild Ginger a week or two ago (see here). I threw in:

-2 garlic cloves, minced
-1/4 onion
-Good handful of fresh basil
-Firm tofu
-About a half of an heirloom tomato
-Balsamic vinegar
-Olive oil
-Pepper

I put all of that on the stove and let it simmer away. It was actually pretty tasty! It wasn't QUITE as good as Wild Ginger's version but I think I could play with it and get it just right by adding a little bit more garlic and maybe a dash of sea salt. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture...

I am back and running again and have been for a couple of weeks; however, I have just been running 3-4 miles at a time at a slower 10 minute mile pace during the week in an effort to remain injury-free (I still run 1-2 miles on Mondays/Fridays and strength train those days as well...obviously weekends are my play days for hiking, biking, whatever). Anyway, yesterday I decided I have been going slow for a while so thought I'd up it a notch. I did 3.5 miles at a 9:40 pace, then walked at a 4 mile pace for 5 minutes then did intervals for 20 minutes (one minute at a 4 mile pace, 1 minute sprinting at however fast I could go- I think I topped out around a 6:30 min mile pace). All in all it evened out to a little over 6 miles over the course of the hour and NO FOOT PAIN!! I am ecstatic! Of course, I was a good girl and stretched and "sticked" my calf for a while last night too in an effort to avoid any more such foot/achilles injuries. So, after that workout, I was STARVING, so, alas, no picture of the tomato-tofu-basil recreation and the spinach salad with garbanzo beans on the side... all I could think about was eating it! It's too bad I have no photo since I don't usually have a whole lot of time at night to actually cook and usually just throw together a quick salad, which doesn't seem entertaining enough to ever post on the blog.

I think the plan today is to do a short 3 mile run then go on a bike ride. We actually have hit 70 degrees today (GASP!) The sun is a little sporadic but the temperature is a GIANT improvement. I cannot wait to get outside.

No comments: