Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Updates

Tim and I had a really relaxing weekend. We stayed in town and just kind of hung around. We did some shopping, rented a couple of movies, got a lot of errands done, explored the city a little bit more, went on walks, cleaned the house... it was nice. Oh, and on Sunday and Monday mornings the weather was AMAZING. It was 83 degrees out and cloudy and it was actually kind of chilly. We got out for about an hour each morning and played tennis-it was so much fun and we didn't play bad either. We had to stop because Tim broke the strings in his racket...that's how good he is! Last night since we were all by ourselves on Labor Day we had our own barbeque. We made steak and salmon kabobs, twice baked potatoes, baked beans, a huge salad, and brownies. It was kind of a last minute decision but it was well worth it... we had fun doing it and it was really tasty as well.

Also, as an update on our wedding picture saga, we still have no clue what is going on. Mark, Tim's dad, has called the guy repeatedly. The first time was about a month ago and supposedly from that time the pictures were suppposed to be done in 2 weeks (the photographer told me in June that they'd be done in 2 weeks so to me his credibility was already in question...) Mark called again a couple of times last week and left messages but got no call back. Today he called again with kind of an ultimatum of 'you'd better call back today,' and instead of a personalized voice mail answering machine it was computerized. Uh-oh. I called him, too, today to tell him I'd be in KC this weekend and that I would be happy to come by and pick up my pictures (and sock him at the same time...) Of course, I got the same computerized message (weird) and no answer (even weirder). Needless to say, I don't expect to get a call back.

Throughout this whole picture ordeal I've been the optimistic one of the bunch. He was a really nice photographer and we knew people who'd used him before. So I have given him the benefit of the doubt -up until about July-10 months AFTER our wedding. And now this is just flat out ridiculous. At this point, I want at least half of the money back we've given to him PLUS interest and our film so that we can get our pictures developed from someone a lot more competant and professional than he has proven to be. It's not even about the money to me...it's the fact that we are talking about OUR WEDDING PICTURES. You can't exactly relive that day to get similar pictures taken. I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing. He told my mom in June that he hadn't lost the pictures but I just don't know. Something weird is going on and it's really starting to piss me off. 19 days until our 1 year mark and still no pictures...nice.

No comments: