Thursday, September 15, 2005

A completely different story than my life on September 15 last year...

This past weekend I was in KC. It was a little weird to be back home since I don't really feel like I'm that far away or that I haven't been back in a while. It was a really nice weekend though and so good to see family. I also got to see my college roommate...my mom and I drove down to southwest Missouri to have lunch with her. It was a pretty drive...lots of trees and farmland, which aren't too prevalent in Arizona (the trees, anyway. There actually is quite a bit of farmland, which was surprising to me). We didn't really do a whole lot...just relaxed, shopped a little bit, and hung out. It was pretty refreshing. A couple of highlights were 1) I had the best golf lesson of my ENTIRE life with my dad on Monday night. I have had some whacked out swing for a few years now...as in the club shifts in my upswing. But on Monday night, that all changed. He simplifyed and adjusted my swing and I hit the ball as good as I did when I was on the golf team in high school, maybe even better! It was absolutely amazing. I am so excited now to play golf and hit more golf balls, which makes Tim super excited. I have even been so pumped about it that I've been practicing my swing around the house so I don't forget how to do it! I think we are going to go golfing or go to the driving range this weekend... 2) I ate about 4 dozen oatmeal raisin cookies. I'm not exaggerating. They were SO good. Especially the ones that were right out of the oven. I think I ate a full dozen at that time. I went for a couple of runs/walks but probably not enough to offset the cookies... I didn't really care though. Tuesday morning I flew back to Arizona. I woke up at 3 a.m. Arizona time and when I got here at 9 a.m. I drove straight to work. It was pretty brutal but well worth the trip out.

Tim seems to have had a good few days in Tennessee as well. The work there went well and he said that it was extremely pretty...he was in Knoxville which is right by the Smokey mountains so I'm sure it was nice. We were both pretty jet lagged until today but now we're both feeling a ton better. OH! I just remembered... I was so worried to come home from work Tuesday night fearing that I'd find kitten poop all over the bathroom like we did when we left the cats over the fourth of July (we separate them and Emerson is the bad pooper. She basically painted the whole bathroom with poop over the 4th...entirely disgusting). Anyway, I felt like crap and the last thing I wanted to do was spend two hours (the amount of time it took BOTH Tim and I to clean up the mess last time) cleaning up her poop. BUT! She was clean. There was nothing on the floor, barely even litter. I was SO happy. SO, SO happy.

Yesterday morning we had an appointment with the I-wire people (the people who wire our new house). This really was more of Tim's thing because I have no idea about any of that stuff... It was cool though nonetheless (at least the part of it that I understood). Here's what we got (in addition to the standard cable and telephone hookups):
1) Cable for the office computer
2) Pre-wired our living room for Tim's surround sound system (I genuinely am excited about this because it means no more wires on the floor! And the speakers will all be mounted on the walls which means they won't be sitting on the furniture anymore).
3) Pre-wired and bought speakers for our back patio. Supposedly they are pretty nice speakers but Tim is more excited about this than me...I kind of tuned out during this part.
4) Full security system that covers every door and window in our house. It has two control pads, a motion detector and other cool features that I am excited about because of the nights that I have to spend by myself.

I am REALLY excited to go to the design center...which is next Tuesday! That will be super exciting. I'm not sure what I really want to do as far as the interiors of the house... I think I really want wood floors in the dining room, office, sitting room, and entryway. I don't know if I want wood floors in the kitchen because if I get wood floors in the kitchen and have wood cabinets, I think that could be a little too much wood. And I thought about still having wood flooring in the kitchen but getting white cabinets but I don't know if I want that anymore... there are so many choices!

The only other thing that I have to say is that American Family insurance genuinely sucks. I would love to go into detail and say many more bad things about them but I don't really feel like being negative. So, all I will say is that American Family sucks and there are a bunch of full time idiots working for them.

I got tagged by Rachel so here's the fifth line of my 23rd post:
"It didn't hurt but it was big enough to stick my tongue in."
Ha, that could be taken in a seriously disgusting way. I sound like the biggest nerd but I was actually posting about my horrific dentist story. Everyone should check out Rachel's blog (link to the left)...it's so cute and exciting!

My apologies for the random post... if only I posted every day, I could spare everyone the lengthy, once weekly, long, random post. Happy friday to everyone tomorrow!

4 comments:

rachel said...

happy anniversary! i wish i had thought of it earlier so as to send you a card! what can i say, i am bad.

it is so exciting about your new house. i would love to be able to pick out the whole interior... but it would stress me out at the same time. so many things to pick. i am glad you guys are having such a good time!

xoxoxo

Jenn said...

oops! i guess i should have been clearer... our anniversary is actually in 10 days... but the day of our wedding (the 25th) was actually a whole lot more calm than the 15th (10 days prior). Last year at this time I was freaking out! So, see you aren't bad at all!! :)

yeah, the interior for the house is exciting and stressful...there are so many choices! your house is looking so cute, as well! i've been meaning to post to tell you but i haven't... it really is looking great and it sounds like you guys are having so much fun!

Carol said...

Super post! Sounds like you both are doing great. :)
When you set up your security remember that the cats are in motion 24/7. We had a motion detector system installed, which we never got to use because of the cats....oh well!
~ C

Tim said...

I thought about that too Carol, but the system has motion detectors that don't sense movement for anything that is 80 lbs and under. We'll see if it actually works...if Abby ever visits with my parents we would be in trouble.